Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to make a set of 3.5" x 2.5" Resource cards from the beautiful graphics files done by Ricky Cantrell and I encountered an interesting problem in replicating the counter mix. I was being mindful of the rule in 3.3 that reads: "You are limited to the types of counters in the counter mix." The problem is that the counters are back-printed, sometimes with different resources on each side of the counter, but sometimes with the same resource on both sides (several "SG" counters in particular are like this). That means it would not be correct for me to simply make one card for each resource on each side of every counter because doing so would make some resource combinations achievable that would not be achievable with the back-printed counters. The only answer seems to be to make the cards double-sided as well, just like the counters, and miss out on using the great looking "back side" card graphics that Ricky has made for the resource cards. Has anyone else addressed this problem and come up with a different solution? I suppose I could just make one card for every counter-side, which would skew the resource availability mix, but maybe the effect of that isn't enough to matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
You could print both resource icons on the same side of the card. Put them on opposite ends and rotate one 180 degrees so it appears upside down. Then you can note the chosen resource type by making sure it is right side up and other non-selected resource is viewed upside down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not a bad idea, however it would require resizing the card graphics which would make the images and text too small and probably distorted. Thanks for the thought, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I encountered an interesting problem ..
Changing the resource mix using the cards created by Rick has really a minor impact on the game: feel free to relax rule 3.3 in such a case and enjoy the use of those great resource cards.

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly the answer I was hoping for, and exactly from the right guy! laugh Thanks, Zak!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.