Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sandberg
United States
kentwood
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Sentinels game is cooperative against with players working together to fight the villains. I realize the unscripted battles are pvp but does anyone know if the scenarios are cooperative (human players playing a hero and the "game" playing the villain or is it 1 vs others where one human plays the villain and others play the heroes)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a team game. Humans playing both heroes and villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
>G stated that the game is intended to still involve lots of player cooperation through team decisions and such, but so far, no, there hasn't been any announcement of a "game controlled villain".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Barker
msg tools
mb
At the moment, it will be like this (from what I've read):

You can play a scenario.
This is typically 1 villain vs multiple heroes. Or rather, hero players outnumber villain players, with the villain players being buffed up and given extra goodies from the scenario rules.

OR

You can play a skirmish game.
In a skirmish each player picks any character they want, villain or hero, and everyone decides what the teams are (or if it's Free For All), then everyone starts beating the crap out of eachother in glorious superhero & supervillain fashion.

The heroes and villains are balanced to be equal in a 1v1 skirmish (or as balanced as can be given variable powers). The scenarios will add special rules to beef up the villain player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe 1v1 skirmishes are discouraged: A lot of the interest comes from interactions between villains or heroes on the same team. (Of course, one player could control an entire team.)

I think if you want a purely cooperative version, you'd need to come up with rules for controlling the villain yourself. That would be a little difficult, as there are so many things the villain can do, but people on BGG have done similar conversions for other games. But in general, I'd say that if you want a pure coop experience you should look elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mato Sato
Germany
Plankstadt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Galaxy Defenders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sandberg
United States
kentwood
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.