Subject: "Pre-constructed" sets: I need a brief clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Corradini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone,

In the next few days, I'll play "Seasons" (without the expansions, for now) together with my girlfriend for the first time; we'll probably take on the suggestion of starting out with pre-constructed sets for at least the first couple games.

The rules present four possible sets for the novice players: for example, I could pick set #1 while my GF picks #4, right?

Out of curiosity, would it make sense, since there are two copies of each card, to pick the same set for both players? (for example, me and my GF both pick set #2).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it said to specifically use set 1 and 2 for a two player game but I don't have my rules in front of me. The rest of the sets can be shuffled into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Corradini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope: I'm looking at the online manual right now and it says:

"in order to make the game easier to learn, we've set up 'pre-constructed' sets of nine power cards. Instead of taking step 1 of the first game phase [the normal drafting], each player gets a set of nine predefined cards from those presented below

[lists the four sets with the related card numbers]

At that point, the cards that are not included in the sets you picked (plus the duplicates) from 1 to 30 go to the drawing pile, while cards from 31 to 50 are not used at all in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think you can do that, though for learning the game faster you better use different presets so you both experience more cards

my first game was 3P with presets 1-3. by the end of the game we have seen all the cards numbered 1-30, so practically i only needed two games to learn all 50 cards

anyway, most people agree that 50% of the games are played in the drafting phase, which would be skipped by playing the presets, so i suggest you get pass through that soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Corradini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the advice, can't wait to play our first game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking the same set doesn't really make much sense. Pick different ones. It doesn't matter which ones, in particular, so you are free to choose. After you get the grip of the game (which is usually just one play), you can safely go to draft - it's nothing to be afraid of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.