Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on your budget. If you can afford to go all out, get Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Extreme Danger. Definitely the most "meaty" expansion, with tons of additional content. There's lots of new optional rules that you can add to the new maps that come with the game, or even go back and add to the old maps from the base game if you like.

If you're looking for a less expensive expansion, then Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story is the way to go. Very well designed, integrates well with Extreme Danger, and not terribly challenging.

Beyond that, I would rate Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Dangerous Waters as the 3rd best expansion, and Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Urban Structures last, although the Structural Engineer role that comes with that expansion is definitely a helpful one to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:

If you're looking for a less expensive expansion, then Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story is the way to go.

I'd vote for 2nd story - the added maps with 2 stories add a some significant variety. Also not mentioned are all the cool action tokens that help with playing all the roles.

My wife loves the Dog that came with my KS of Dangerous waters.

P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
phillier937 wrote:
My wife loves the Dog that came with my KS of Dangerous waters.

I'd just like to point out for clarity's sake that Dangerous Waters doesn't come with the Rescue Dog. That was a stretch goal that was a part of the Extreme Danger Kickstarter campaign. The dog can be purchased at retail as a part of the Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Veteran and Rescue Dog pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan White
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'd vote for 2nd story - the added maps with 2 stories add a some significant variety. Also not mentioned are all the cool action tokens that help with playing all the roles.

+1

Though, if you can afford both 2nd Story and Extreme Danger, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice, people! I think I might get Extreme Danger first and possibly 2nd Story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kilgore
United States
Sturgeon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here with the same question and appreciate it all being pre-discussed 1vp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phillier937 wrote:

Urban Structures adds some fun maps for variety. No real chnages to the base rules. Adds the Structural Engineer.

2nd Story Expands the rules for multi level buildings with a couple new boards. Adds Windows and ladders. These increase the difficulty of the game and add more variety. This expansion also includes the AP Tracker Tokens.

Extreme Danger Adds a couple new boards and the unique figures for each role (very cool). Expands the rules for dangerous objects, chemical spills and floor damage. Add an attic / basement map to add a third story to a building.

Dangerous Waters Adds two new maps.

What order to buy...
I agree that 2nd Story is probably the first one to buy.

Urban Structures is a close second, it adds variety, but does not add to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bschremp wrote:

What order to buy...

Urban Structures is a close second, it adds variety, but does not add to the rules.

Um, the office building in Urban Structures is probably the most rules-variant map available.

I would recommend it or Extreme Danger before 2nd story, though. ED is sort of like getting 2nd Story and a bunch of other stuff at the same time.

And despite the official ruling, using the Attic/basement with the base game maps works fine; just shift the location so that the stairs go in the Ranch House utility closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bschremp wrote:
phillier937 wrote:

Urban Structures adds some fun maps for variety. No real changes to the base rules. Adds the Structural Engineer.

2nd Story Expands the rules for multi level buildings with a couple new boards. Adds Windows and ladders. These increase the difficulty of the game and add more variety. This expansion also includes the AP Tracker Tokens.

Extreme Danger Adds a couple new boards and the unique figures for each role (very cool). Expands the rules for dangerous objects, chemical spills and floor damage. Add an attic / basement map to add a third story to a building.

Dangerous Waters Adds two new maps.

What order to buy...

I forgot the office building was in Urban Structures, a very fun map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.