Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: kazon preview up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2014/03/28/star-trek-attack-win...

so finally some news for all the chicken littles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Weyoun 6 & the Kazon Crew. This union will bring tears and joy to us all."

check it out folks that guy just gets better and better. Andrew Parks you keep us on our toes cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part of the preview is the part that says "Coming April 2013!"

Kazon Boarding Party is pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:

Yeah, that card is interesting and potentially powerful. "If you did this thing you can do this evil thing. Oh, and then this other evil thing. Oh, you want more? Take this souvenir, you evil bastard you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyth wrote:
VarelseShrike wrote:

Yeah, that card is interesting and potentially powerful. "If you did this thing you can do this evil thing. Oh, and then this other evil thing. Oh, you want more? Take this souvenir, you evil bastard you."

laugh

"F*** YOUR INTERPHASE GENERATOR! BUY ANOTHER ONE, YA RICH M**********R!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st thing I think of with boarding party is its interaction with IG. Does it steal the IG, or does the IG 1st negate the damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
1st thing I think of with boarding party is its interaction with IG. Does it steal the IG, or does the IG 1st negate the damage?

Since IG would trigger before you actually deal the damage, you could use IG to first negate the damage to 1 damage, which would then stop the boarding party. But if you had IG and didn't use it in this particular case... you absolutely deserve it stolen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heh, Gor Portas clowning build.

The Portas + ED + Photonic Charges. Hit em with ED, come about, hit em again with Photonic Charges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Weyoun 6 & the Kazon Crew. This union will bring tears and joy to us all."

check it out folks that guy just gets better and better. Andrew Parks you keep us on our toes cool

Li Nalas would like to come along on that ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to see Seska.... and glad to hear "Seska makes her first appearance in the game ".

I really like this ship and upgrades a lot. Looking forward to giving them a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does "steal that Upgrade" mean in game terms? It's already Disabled. Does it end up on my ship Disabled, forcing me to spend an Action before I can use it?

Derp: Exactly the same as STAW:Superior Intellect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
What does "steal that Upgrade" mean in game terms? It's already Disabled. Does it end up on my ship Disabled, forcing me to spend an Action before I can use it?

It would seem that this is exactly what it is. You can't steal a functioning interphase generator!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:

Now if only I could go back in time to get them... :-p

Sadly though, Kazon boarding party will be useless. Cool in theory, garbage in practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
Sadly though, Kazon boarding party will be useless. Cool in theory, garbage in practice.

Care to elaborate?

Overall, I'm a lot more interested in this ship than I intended to be. It's sort of like the Somraw (but better), in that there's not much about it that screams "must buy," but it's really similar to a ship I was sort of tempted to buy multiples of, and now there's a much better alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Another 2 attack ship? Meh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Inglis
Australia
Springfield Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't Wizkids employ anyone to check if they haven't made errors. If you look at the ship image on the Movement card, which is also the image on the generic ship, its the huge Kazon Predator class. Even at the bottom of the ship image towards the centre, you can still see Voyager which is much smaller by comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure.

First - off it costs 5 points. Effectively 6 since you'll probably want to see what it does on a ship that actually has attack dice.

Second - it negates the ENTIRE attack and reduces it to EXACTLY one crit. Its almost like giving your enemy a free interphase generator. If you can deal 3 or 4 damage to a ship, how often are you really going to say "nah, I'd rather take a tech upgrade".

Third - Good targets are exceedingly rare. The best techs in the game right now are Cloaked Mines and Interphase Generator. If you can nab either of those from an opponent, they made a very stupid error. On the runner up list of most played techs is Transwarp Drive (not exactly a crippling tech to lose) and Shroud (which doesn't help non-dominion and should be combined with conditional surrender anyway). The other second stringers are Cloaking Device/Tetryon Emissions/Advance Weapon System and all have the same problems: Chances are it's already disabled, and you can't disable an already disabled upgrade, so no stealing! That pretty much only leaves Projected Stasis Field as the only worthwhile thing you have a chance at stealing. One card. And even then it'll be tricky to get it before they use it.

6 points to negate my own damage and MAYBE steal a Stasis Field IF my opponent is running it. Totally not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure if you check with Andy you will be able to steal tech that's already disabled.

Won't be able to use it on cross-faction ships though as it's Kazon only.

I feel sure the intent of the card is that:

2 dice attack, if both hit swap the two hits for a crit on the hull and steal some tech, but you can't use it that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SteRT wrote:
I'm pretty sure if you check with Andy you will be able to steal tech that's already disabled.

I would bet money that you're right.

However, it's still a garbage upgrade for the other reasons mentioned. At least, until we get the Kazon Predator. That might be able to put it to good use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteRT wrote:

Won't be able to use it on cross-faction ships though as it's Kazon only.

I feel sure the intent of the card is that:

2 dice attack, if both hit swap the two hits for a crit on the hull and steal some tech, but you can't use it that turn.

I would gladly trade two shield stripping hits for one direct crit to hull any day of the week. Ganking tech is just the cherry on top. Adding insult to injury, quite literally. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Voyager and the Borg will have tech worth ganking. That voyager pack was pretty big, just full of things to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grelvis wrote:
Don't Wizkids employ anyone to check if they haven't made errors. If you look at the ship image on the Movement card, which is also the image on the generic ship, its the huge Kazon Predator class. Even at the bottom of the ship image towards the centre, you can still see Voyager which is much smaller by comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I snerked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grelvis wrote:

Quick! Buy them up because they will be in rare supply when the next version of the pack comes out and they fix the pictures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: kazon preview upp
delta_angelfire wrote:

First - off it costs 5 points. Effectively 6 since you'll probably want to see what it does on a ship that actually has attack dice.

You'll never pay 6 points for this, since it can only be put on a Kazon ship.

I think this card pairs well with a ship like this. It'll probably be a great menace to Borg and Federation ships in particular, who have low defense usually but can be vulnerable to crits to the hull. And the ship itself seems destined to face off against the likes of Excelsior.

On a more general note, I maintain that it's the very height of foolishness to declare ANY card "garbage," especially if you've yet to see it in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.