Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The Card Game of Oz» Forums » General

Subject: Now Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Just got my notice that The Card Game of Oz is shipped via FedEx.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for sharing that info, Brian; much appreciated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a shipping notice as well. Woohoo!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a notice here too! Awesome!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. If you didn't post this I may have never known. The sender of the email was not the usual Kickstarter send out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Magrot wrote:
Thanks. If you didn't post this I may have never known. The sender of the email was not the usual Kickstarter send out.

Correct - "Ship Naked" is doing the shipping. I should have posted that but thought it was already mentioned in the KS page.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
FedEx shipping is finally updated:

Shipping from Londonderry, NH. Expected to arrive on Tuesday April 1. Seems appropriate!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
FedEx shipping is finally updated:

Shipping from Londonderry, NH. Expected to arrive on Tuesday April 1. Seems appropriate!


I live a little farther. I'm not getting it until the 3rd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magrot wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
FedEx shipping is finally updated:

Shipping from Londonderry, NH. Expected to arrive on Tuesday April 1. Seems appropriate!


I live a little farther. I'm not getting it until the 3rd.


Mine says the 4th but I'm out west so that makes sense. Looking forward to it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
Magrot wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
FedEx shipping is finally updated:

Shipping from Londonderry, NH. Expected to arrive on Tuesday April 1. Seems appropriate!


I live a little farther. I'm not getting it until the 3rd.


Mine says the 4th but I'm out west so that makes sense. Looking forward to it!


I'm farther west than you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, no one said anything to me about it and I'm the designer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
Uh, no one said anything to me about it and I'm the designer!


Ugh! Every single time I come close to thinking Game Salute is turning things around, they pull something like this.

It has been apparent that the publisher and designer of this game are not on the best of terms. While there are three sides to every story, this is the second time that the designer wasn't informed about such things.

Outside of Jim completely disappearing, how is it even possible that he was not informed his game was shipping?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
KS was updated to say shipping notices should be all out by end of this week. My revised delivery date is now Wednesday in Indiana. Pushed back because it wasn't picked up on Friday like planned but instead picked up today.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
Uh, no one said anything to me about it and I'm the designer!

I admit that is a crappy thing to do. But is he contractually obligated to do so? Just curious. I guess with the browbeating he has been getting, it might have slipped his mind, especially if communication is non-existent. I probably would have just gotten the things out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magrot wrote:
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!



Yeah, I'd love to how the game I designed finally looked like.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
Magrot wrote:
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!



Yeah, I'd love to how what the game I designed finally looked like.

FedEx notice says it was delivered at my house about 20 minutes ago. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight if no one else beats me to it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
Magrot wrote:
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!



Yeah, I'd love to how what the game I designed finally looked like.

FedEx notice says it was delivered at my house about 20 minutes ago. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight if no one else beats me to it.


I concede to you. Too much on my plate at the moment. Game looks great from what I can see. I paid extra for the green glasses and I think they're a bit chintzy to be honest, but that has nothing to do with the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
** Quote Removed **


The behind-the-scenes hubris of this campaign has been... illuminating? I am not too sure which adjective to use, actually. Troubling, Disturbing, Opinion Altering -- there's so many that fit.

It sure has taught me a lot, let me tell you.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Connor
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
Magrot wrote:
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!



Yeah, I'd love to how what the game I designed finally looked like.

FedEx notice says it was delivered at my house about 20 minutes ago. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight if no one else beats me to it.


I concede to you. Too much on my plate at the moment. Game looks great from what I can see. I paid extra for the green glasses and I think they're a bit chintzy to be honest, but that has nothing to do with the game.


The idea was not to sell you a pair of glasses worth $20, but to raise the funds needed to get the game printed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
travvller wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
Magrot wrote:
wgerken wrote:
travvller wrote:
Received my copy today. Only live a half hour from their shipping address so that's probably why.


Wow! Congrats on this.




Pics?!



Yeah, I'd love to how what the game I designed finally looked like.

FedEx notice says it was delivered at my house about 20 minutes ago. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight if no one else beats me to it.


I concede to you. Too much on my plate at the moment. Game looks great from what I can see. I paid extra for the green glasses and I think they're a bit chintzy to be honest, but that has nothing to do with the game.


The idea was not to sell you a pair of glasses worth $20, but to raise the funds needed to get the game printed.


That's understandable to a degree, but it's clear that the profit on the glasses was substantial. Basically we were charged $15 for a $3-5 item. $10 maybe, but $15 feels a little like a scam. I'm not new to crowd funding. Have backed some 50 games over 3 or 4 sites. In terms of value to the customers in relation to actual cost, I'm hard pressed to think of any other project I've backed where the difference was so big. I wouldn't have pledged $55 had I known.

I understand your goal was to get your game published. Mine is to get value for my money. $15 was not a good deal on the glasses.

All part of learning my lessons. I'm cutting back on my pledges.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy today. Everything looks great!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
OrionsBell wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
OrionsBell wrote:
Uh, no one said anything to me about it and I'm the designer!

I admit that is a crappy thing to do. But is he contractually obligated to do so? Just curious. I guess with the browbeating he has been getting, it might have slipped his mind, especially if communication is non-existent. I probably would have just gotten the things out.


Actually, yes, Game Salute is contractually obligated.

I just meant on giving you first notice of shipping these. I really didn't need the laundry aired.

Quote:
Now, all that said, in the future I hope to still be working with Game Salute for the shipping, warehouse, fulfillment, distribution of my future games, but I now realize, that, for the sake of the sanity of others, I need to publish on my own.

Jim

"Fool me once..." comes to mind.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.