Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Gloria Mundi several times, but last night was the first time where the first player actually asked, "What happens if I just decide to not pay tribute?" According to the clarified and re-written rules, every player would have to discard a production card of that type. However, the horribly written rules that come with the game make it sound like, starting with the first player, the first person who can satisfy the tribute discards a card, and it's done.

Which is correct, and, if it is the former, can you please point me in the proper direction of where this is clarified?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Sean:

I wish I could share the new version of Gloria Mundi with you, but sadly it's not ready for prime time. We've been working on it for several years, and it's great. But too many other projects keep knocking it off the radar. So there's no beta version yet.

That being said, I can give you the answer based on the current edition.

Each player starts with one card of each type in play. So if the first player refuses to bribe the goth, that player loses a farm.

I don't know where you get the idea the EVERY player would have to discard a farm. The clarified and re-written rules to which you refer sound unreliable.

Thanks, and good luck.

James Ernest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Ernest,

Thanks for the response! That is actually a great idea, and I think I'll implement that from now on. I'll also check and see if there's a better ruleset that I can print out. Will the new rules be compatible with the original board, or will I need to purchase a new copy?

Thanks Again,
Sean Carrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I would not trust any of the published components to work with the next edition. For one thing, we're changing 'peace' back to 'war' so the colors are all wrong.

I wish I could apologize for the state of the published rulebook, but alas, I do not have the authority.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An updated rulebook that's compatible with the initial edition, or one that can incorporate any of the proposed changes coming with the next edition would be most welcome...

I agree that the first rulebook is very tricky to understand and follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.