Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the base set, but after playing through the Shadow Rune I would like to play something else than "race" quests. I've learned from BGG that in Labyrinth of Ruin the quests are much better/interesting/varied than in the core game. How's Nerekhall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerekhall has cooler quests, influence mechanics etc. The setting is better imo, though that is opinion based indeed.. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Moore
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still plenty of race because without any form of time limit then where's the suspense?

Playing it through i'm just coming to the interlude and so far there've been 2 encounters that devolved into massive melee's for the win which is a bit different.

The objectives are varied so far but the influence effect is what makes the missions for me. You never quite know what's up untill the influence is revealed and there are many mind games going on at my table.

That being said some of the new creatures (Ironbound!) are almost required by the overlord in some missions and the heroes will hate hate hate you whenever you pick them.

Act II looks even more interesting and i'm looking foward to the mission where heroes have to carry torches to ward back the darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds promising. The influence mechanic is a very good step towards the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.