United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

"Atten-shun!
"OK, troops D-Day is fast approaching and here are some vital details about what we're including in the box for TOI:NW.
"The mix of 216 plastic pieces has been reorganized slightly; Bill and Craig realized that there were more than enough infantry for all the scenarios which we're including, so they dialed them down a bit, but then tossed in some other goodies for you to use. The TOI:NW set will now include:

4 M-10 Tank Destroyers
4 Stug III assault guns

"But that's not all. We also realized that we had way more activation tokens than you'd ever need for the units in the box, so we reduced them and decided to give you a bunch of the various specialization markers from the expansions which have come before. You'll be getting:

Alpha, Bravo, and Recon from Days of the Fox
Expert from Fury of the Bear
and Immobile, Mounted, SMG, and Unarmed from Stalingrad

"The rules for all of these specializations will be included in the TOI:NW rulebook and will have been clarified for ease of use in play.
"We're giving you all the tools you'll need to be the finest fighting force this country has ever seen. The time for battle is close at hand. We're expecting to send the game off to press in the next week or so and are looking to have it back in June, just in time for Origins in Columbus, OH.
"We'll post another Update when the game goes to press.
"That's all for now; Dis-missed!

key point i did not eliminate trucks

bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taber
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my RPG blog at http://www.usandacat.com/thelair!
badge
Work hard, play hard!
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would've taken the previous publishers light years! Fantastic news indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Hey You! Yes, you! - Check out my flag collection on my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my email about this yesterday. Very cool! Glad I decided to support. Looking forward to getting my 2nd copy of this game.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Hamill
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does this mean that the revised or updated scenarios will include these units and specializations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
This is great.

This means at least that any future expansion can assume these to be present in the base game. Which is very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yes on the units
woops it looks like some of the tokens will actually be used in the kick starter scenarios we are doing
bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for the extremely noobish question.

I always liked the idea behind Tide of Iron, but for many reasons I never got the game and FFG passed the line to the new editor (may the line bring you countless money and a lot of satisfaction).

Just to be sure I get the point:

a) if I get this new set, I don't need to get the old one, correct?
b) what about the already existing expansions produced by FFG? Will they be reprinted as well in a revised edition?

Thanks for help, and sorry, I imagine this was asked many and many times before

JULIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schu Bo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Apologies for the extremely noobish question.

I always liked the idea behind Tide of Iron, but for many reasons I never got the game and FFG passed the line to the new editor (may the line bring you countless money and a lot of satisfaction).

Just to be sure I get the point:

a) if I get this new set, I don't need to get the old one, correct?
b) what about the already existing expansions produced by FFG? Will they be reprinted as well in a revised edition?

Thanks for help, and sorry, I imagine this was asked many and many times before

JULIA

Correct, you will not need to get the old one. I think 1A has planned to reprint the other expansions. Hopefully someone from 1A will clarify. At any rate, I highly recommended ToI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kindest confirmation And good to know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1A Games have always said reprints of all existing expansions will be forthcoming. I am sure they may tweak them a little bit, but obviously not so much so that existing owners of the originals would find them with obsolete expansions. The same goes for the New Wave Core Game. It is slightly different, but you do not have to buy this edition in order to play any new Expansions, the old edition fits in perfectly well.

There will be a transitional period whereby 1A try to balance the old game with the new game and bring into play their new ideas, but as long as this is done so as not to alienate old players I can only see the game getting better and better with people who seem to care about the game more than FFG who seem to like shinny new toys to play with all the time and loose interest in their original games.

I have not shied away from criticizing 1A in the past for what I regard as wrong decisions, but I will say I am a lot happier now with them at the helm than I was with FFG.

Well done 1A for resurrecting a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Clive.

Agreed, it seems like they are doing something interesting and clever at the same time: resurrecting a game with a completely new version could upset long time die-harders & fan. Good this is not the case.

I'll be waiting for the core set re-release then :
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh just bought Tide of Iron Base set, like 2 months before this comes out....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schu Bo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormbringerGT wrote:
Doh just bought Tide of Iron Base set, like 2 months before this comes out....

You will be fine. You can always order the revised copy of the rules when it is available to order. Also the big box is great for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub lukas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I may ask.. when would be new core set out for purchase ? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twix_cz wrote:
If I may ask.. when would be new core set out for purchase ? thanks

Now that is an excellent question!

Mark, our overworked production manager, is putting the final edits into the rules and scenarios even as I type (4/18/14). All things going smoothly, he should have the TOI:NW set printer ready by the end of the day (Pacific time) today!

The next step is that we have to submit the whole thing the FFG for their approval (it is, technically, still their game after all). That process should take about a week (fingers crossed). Once they give us a thumbs up we give it to our printer in China.

He has confirmed for me that once he gets is it will be 60 days until we have it back in our hands - which is sometime in June at the current estimate.

Give it about a week to ten days after that to hit distribution and stores and there you go - late June is our target release window for TOI:NW.

Hope that helps!

Chris Williams, Operations Manager 1A Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schu Bo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we learn more about the plans for the rest of the year for ToI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be a good entry point into this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.