5 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Tile transition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan C
msg tools
mb
I played my first game last night, and really loved it. All and all, i didn't have many issues, though i had read the rule book and watched the videos previous to playing.

One question i cannot seem to find is how do a handle board tile transitions. Say I just finished clearing a tile, what happens, do the cycles just continue?

For treasures that were not captured, do i automatically get the coins for them.

When i enter a new tile, do i pause the game and complete the set up, i assume this is how it works

I read somewhere that you get double move, if i move into a new tile can i continue moving?

Any information that can be provide regarding the completion of a tile and the setting up of a new tile would be most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most or all of these questions were in the Unofficial FAQ:

BryanC wrote:
I played my first game last night, and really loved it. All and all, i didn't have many issues, though i had read the rule book and watched the videos previous to playing.

One question i cannot seem to find is how do a handle board tile transitions. Say I just finished clearing a tile, what happens, do the cycles just continue? Yes - and be careful not to be caught loitering.

For treasures that were not captured, do i automatically get the coins for them. Treasures on the tile disappear and count as 1gp each. Treasures that didn't drop yet are simply discarded.

When i enter a new tile, do i pause the game and complete the set up, i assume this is how it works Yes

I read somewhere that you get double move, if i move into a new tile can i continue moving? Yes. My group plays so that you still get 2MP, but each MP moves you 2 squares on the cleared tile.

Any information that can be provide regarding the completion of a tile and the setting up of a new tile would be most welcome.

I added answers in bold.

Clearing a tile isn't too bad. Pick up the dropped treasure immediately and convert it to 1gp each. Then get to any edge (except the entrance) as quickly as you can. Spend 1MP to step off it and pick a tile to put under your hero. Since you cleared the last tile, you can now reset AP and Threat meter to 0 for everyone. Pause the game to set up the new tile. Continue from there, even if half your party has already used an action.

Most of the time, we just reset it right at the moment of clearing and forget about it until we get to the edge since nothing I've seen is affected by AP in this span of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan C
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. I read throu the FAQ but still wast quite sure, your comments clarify it completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Foley
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with multiple heroes do they all jump to the new tile once the first steps on it or do they stay put until they move there?
This came up for us last night as there was a nasty trap on the new tile and no one wanted to go in leaving the poor soldier to handle it alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallace MacBix
msg tools
Miniton wrote:
When playing with multiple heroes do they all jump to the new tile once the first steps on it or do they stay put until they move there?
This came up for us last night as there was a nasty trap on the new tile and no one wanted to go in leaving the poor soldier to handle it alone.

As I understand it yes. Especially because nothing says you need to clear a tile before you move onto the next one. So if you head to the next tile early (or as they have implied a couple of times, split up to go to 2 new tiles), any leftover enemies will still follow you and any Lairs would still spawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.