Subject: Language Barrier?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a new copy of Hawaii this week that is missing the large foot tokens. I contacted Z-man and RGG who both told me to contact Hans I'm Gluck. So, I did. They seem to think I've LOST the tokens (which they keep calling a TILE) and we can't get this worked out.

I would order the Hawaii expansion from them (and HOPEFULLY get the feet sent with the order), but I have no idea what I'm doing on their website since it's all in German. I also can't tell how much shipping will be.

This is frustrating. I just want some FEET! LOL shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Coon
Germany
Riedlingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest using the translate feature of Google Chrome. It's not perfect, but it should help out a lot.

Oh and shipping is Versandkosten and here is their description if the costs:

Bestellsumme Versandkosten weltweit

0-10,00 EUR 3,95 EUR
10,01-35,00 EUR Österreich, Niederlande und Belgien: 9,50 EUR
Alle anderen Länder: 23,50 EUR
Shipping cost to all other countries: 23.50 EUR.
Ab 35,01 EUR Österreich, Niederlande und Belgien: 9,50 EUR

Basically it's saying what you buy costs between 0 and 10 Euros then it's 3,95 shipping. It will be 23,50 beyond that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks…got it all taken care of, somehow. Received my missing tokens Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor McDowall
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobjcoon wrote:

Bestellsumme Versandkosten weltweit

0-10,00 EUR 3,95 EUR
10,01-35,00 EUR Österreich, Niederlande und Belgien: 9,50 EUR
Ab 35,01 EUR Österreich, Niederlande und Belgien: 9,50 EUR

Basically it's saying what you buy costs between 0 and 10 Euros then it's 3,95 shipping. It will be 23,50 beyond that.

I really don't understand why 23.50 euro post & packing is necessary for UK customers. It doesn't make sense. I have a copy of an old second-hand game that arrived with 3 or 4 pieces missing (despite being sold as complete (grrrr, shakeshake another issue) and would cost a pittance to replace on the website (cundco.de>. However the 23.50 euro postage is extortionate and that has stopped me from ordering them and enjoying the game.

To be fair, when I have bought their games new, they have ALWAYS had the correct parts. My point though is that HIG have somehow got a good reputation for customer service and yet they don't even look after their customers themselves, they hive it off to a middle-man company who put in a huge price hike for overseas customers under the guise of shipping costs. To compare, I had another 2 pieces missing from another game sold to me by a friend (grrrr, shakeshake some friend, huh?) and Fred Distribution sent off the pieces themselves for free, charging only 8 dollars for p&p. They even sent another replacement part for free when they accidentally sent the wrong part. And I've even had whole games posted from Germany at half the cost mentioned. So I feel that HIG need to rethink how to keep their customers happy. This issue will certainly stop me buying one of their (new or old) games just in case a part is missing.

Sorry for the rant. That was cathartic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor McDowall
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's shame nobody at Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH or even the wider gaming community has responded to my *huh* "concerns" above. I'm beginning to think I should have started my own thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.