Popular Tags: [View All]
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game of Monopoly, in terms of game board orientation, should the Go! space be in the bottom left or bottom right?

My wife and I do not agree. I went to google images, certain in my correctness and found both to be a common orientation. Damn!

Of course, the proper answer is neither, the Go! space belongs folded up in its box, unplayed. But hey, that answer isn't going to help me with this fundamental question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've always played it on boards with circular tracks where neither of those terms would apply.

Edit: I can make English no, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawaka Winada
United States
Stornhelm
Rivenspire
flag msg tools
badge
Both. Bottom right for the player facing north and bottom left for the player facing west.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither. The Go! should be on the top right, because you want to sit nearest to the orange spaces. Like this:

The orange spaces are the best investment, and you want them to be right in front of you, so you can best protect your investment when you get them (or, if someone else acquires the orange set, you are in the best seat to steal the houses off them).

devillaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
In a game of Monopoly, in terms of game board orientation, should the Go! space be in the bottom left or bottom right?

My wife and I do not agree. I went to google images, certain in my correctness and found both to be a common orientation. Damn!

Of course, the proper answer is neither, the Go! space belongs folded up in its box, unplayed. But hey, that answer isn't going to help me with this fundamental question.
Bottom right. Always. Don't be Weirdos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son of Burrito Bean III
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this I don't even
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:

Look at boards that have the "Monopoly" in the center of the board facing a side instead of angled to face "Go!". It's always facing the cheap side, so you'd want "Go!" in the lower right to make it easy to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know; I just know that the battleship goes on her own color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Bartoo
msg tools
mbmbmb
Back in the day when I played Monopoly, Go was always in the top left. Never really thought about why, it just was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Far away from us! (as was said in a different context in Fiddler on the Roof.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.