Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chas Bernard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If LOS is traced along a Blocking Hex Side EDGE, is the LOS blocked? IF no, then is LOS blocked if the sight line runs along two such edges, one on each side of the sight line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe LOS must be blocked on both sides of the line your looking down for it to be locked for attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracing along a blocking side does not count as blocked (the line from center of start hex to center of end hex must not cross over a blocking edge; running along the edge doesn't count).

If both sides of the line have a blocking edge, then you pretty clearly don't have LOS (because there must be an edge that's running roughly perpendicular at some point while drawing the line; otherwise you wouldn't get the double blocking line caused by things abutting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have LOS even if both sides of the line are blocked as long as it isn't the same line obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
I think you have LOS even if both sides of the line are blocked as long as it isn't the same line obviously.

How would you even achieve that without there being a blocking line that runs along the other axis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Bernard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
If both sides of the line have a blocking edge, then you pretty clearly don't have LOS (because there must be an edge that's running roughly perpendicular at some point while drawing the line; otherwise you wouldn't get the double blocking line caused by things abutting).

Look at mission 1 map. place a figure 2 hexes (exclusive) of the blue armory token. place a 2nd figure in the area occupying the upper right corner of the map - specifically in the Hex adjacent to 2 "hill" hexes. Now draw a LOS. Is the LOS blocked, or does the presence of Blocking Hex Sides make no difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AslanFrodo wrote:
Look at mission 1 map. place a figure 2 hexes (exclusive) of the blue armory token. place a 2nd figure in the area occupying the upper right corner of the map - specifically in the Hex adjacent to 2 "hill" hexes. Now draw a LOS. Is the LOS blocked, or does the presence of Blocking Hex Sides make no difference?

Ah, I see; you meant the two hex sides were not immediately abutting one another. (I thought you meant the two blocking hex sides were bordering the same hex edge, in which case I couldn't imagine how you wouldn't be crossing a blocking edge). Your scenario certainly wouldn't affect LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Bernard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
AslanFrodo wrote:

Ah, I see; you meant the two hex sides were not immediately abutting one another. (I thought you meant the two blocking hex sides were bordering the same hex edge, in which case I couldn't imagine how you wouldn't be crossing a blocking edge). Your scenario certainly wouldn't affect LOS.

Thanks. In other similar tactical board games such a situation = Blocked LOS. So, LOS only blocked if bisects a Blocking Hex Side (and, of course, LOS can't be traced between 2 abutting blocking hex sides), easy peasy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.