Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any recommendations for sheets? I really don't want to switch sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I eventually stopped sleeving every card, and only sleeve cards going into decks. I then pull sleeves off as they go back into the binder.

Perhaps not what you were looking for, but it works well for me v
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be a little off topic but how best do you sort your cards in the sheets? Im assuming people use the sheets for ease in going over the cards for deckbuilding purpose and I imagine you would want to group cards by type then faction or faction then type? Seems like it would be a pain when new packs are released as you would have to rearrange and move cards all around to fit in the new ones? Perhaps Im missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie B
msg tools
In my binder I sort by faction, and then have separate sections for agendas, assets, ice (sorted into barriers, sentries, and code gates), operations, and upgrades. In each section, I start with core set cards and then load the rest in by data pack (ex: start with core, genesis cycle packs in order, C & C, spin cycle packs in order, etc.). That way, whenever a new data pack is released I can put each card in the next empty space in the binder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
kebutler84 wrote:
In my binder I sort by faction, and then have separate sections for agendas, assets, ice (sorted into barriers, sentries, and code gates), operations, and upgrades. In each section, I start with core set cards and then load the rest in by data pack (ex: start with core, genesis cycle packs in order, C & C, spin cycle packs in order, etc.). That way, whenever a new data pack is released I can put each card in the next empty space in the binder.

Same. The point I think you do but missed pointing out is that each type of card starts a new page. For instance, if my page of ice is full, and I get one new ice for a specific faction with a data pack I start a new page, and it only has that one ice in it until the next pack comes out (assuming it had ice for that faction).

This way you never have to move cards, only start new pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llessur Nosnikliw
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Any recommendations for sheets? I really don't want to switch sleeves.

To answer the OP, as I too sleeve with the FFG sleeves: I use Ultra Pro side-loading card sheets for my cards but they are unsleeved in the binders. Sadly, the FFG sleeves are too tall for the sheets that you put into a 3-ring binder. HOWEVER, the FFG sleeves will fit inside the side-loading stitched-in Ultra Pro binders like this one http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=1528 of course those are a pain to have to move cards around as you buy new data packs if you store your cards by type. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
ErnieB wrote:
Sorry to be a little off topic but how best do you sort your cards in the sheets? Im assuming people use the sheets for ease in going over the cards for deckbuilding purpose and I imagine you would want to group cards by type then faction or faction then type? Seems like it would be a pain when new packs are released as you would have to rearrange and move cards all around to fit in the new ones? Perhaps Im missing something?

I deck build online and only take out the cards from the binder when I already know what is coming out. So I sort the cards by their unique card number - deckbuilders have the option to sort your deck by the card number and then it is really fast to find what you want. It has also the advantage that I never have to reorganize the binder - when a new data pack comes I simply add another page to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ErnieB wrote:

Most people who use binders sort by set, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a binder IMNSHO. If I were to organize this game using a binder, I'd start out with every other pocket empty and split a page whenever it got full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieB wrote:

I do all deckbuilding at NetrunnerDB, so I have the cards sorted by number. Since NetrunnerDB lets you list decks in that format, it makes it easy to pull the cards out and it also makes it very easy to add more cards. Whenever a new set comes out, it just fills up slots at the back of the binder.

I use a binder rather than a card box because it lets me browse when I'm brainstorming. When I'm trying to figure out how to put together a deck, I'll sometimes leaf through the binder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.