Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hart

Rockford
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we ran through the "No Rest for Weary" quest. I had a few questions about our play through. These focus on populating tiles. There isn't very much to go on in the beginning.

1. Do we following the same guidelines as the free form games?

2. If that's true, do we get a merchant at the end of each 6x6 tile we cleared? This didn't seem thematic with the quest so we didn't.

3. If we don't get a merchant in the whole story quest, wouldn't we lose those items before the next Story quest? (I guess I'm still fuzzy on the official ruling about keeping items.)

So far we have been pretty happy with everything.

Thanks for the help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yes.

Quote:
2. If that's true, do we get a merchant at the end of each 6x6 tile we cleared?

Yes.

Quote:
3. If we don't get a merchant in the whole story quest, wouldn't we lose those items before the next Story quest? (I guess I'm still fuzzy on the official ruling about keeping items.)

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
Hartm wrote:
So we ran through the "No Rest for Weary" quest. I had a few questions about our play through. These focus on populating tiles. There isn't very much to go on in the beginning.

2. If that's true, do we get a merchant at the end of each 6x6 tile we cleared? This didn't seem thematic with the quest so we didn't.

So far we have been pretty happy with everything.

Thanks for the help...
tile legends are in effect unless a quest specifies otherwise.

Slaughterfield tiles for example ignore the legend, as do a number of other quests that specifically tell you not to populate the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
1. Do we following the same guidelines as the free form games? Yes, The first tile for example, should have a trap or quest and 1-2 packs. (And a lair if you are crazy)

2. If that's true, do we get a merchant at the end of each 6x6 tile we cleared? This didn't seem thematic with the quest so we didn't. Yes, and the gold hoard at the end of the 6x12 at the end.

3. If we don't get a merchant in the whole story quest, wouldn't we lose those items before the next Story quest? (I guess I'm still fuzzy on the official ruling about keeping items.) This is act 1 of a story quest. You keep items, gold, and serendipity until the end of act 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hart

Rockford
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it doesn't seem very thematic to have a merchant show up. Maybe he was hiding in the pile of bodies waiting to get out, but then why not follow us out.

I've looked at a lot of the other quests as well. Maybe saving Lucy would make sense, but the lead in to these doesn't really fit this particular story quest.

This is where this game is dying for some Community Content. Being an old DM, it would be easy to craft a side story for the group to complete. Maybe after I get the rules/gameplay down I will start to do this.

Thanks for the responses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.