Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Vorley
Canada
West Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you trash fall guy after using same old thing and stop the trash condition of same old?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
No. Preventing a cost payment, (anything before the colon,) prevents the effect from happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
profligate wrote:
No. Preventing a cost payment, (anything before the colon,) prevents the effect from happening.

Nitpicking here. But the real answer is, yes. You can. But the effect from Same Old Thing would not happen as the cost was not paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
profligate wrote:

Nitpicking here. But the real answer is, yes. You can. But the effect from Same Old Thing would not happen as the cost was not paid.

Nitpicking back. The Same Old Thing would remain in play, but the two clicks would be lost and the event would remain unplayed. The Fall Guy would be trashed as well, obviously. But yes, you're correct. I wasn't specific in saying that my answer of "no" was to the implied question of: Does this work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Vorley
Canada
West Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thanks, all! That makes sense. I knew I could rely on the good ol' BBG community to answer my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik vN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtisvorley wrote:
I knew I could rely on the good ol' BBG community to answer my question.

And for a disagreement about the answer, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm correct, it's no different than Sacrificial Construct and say Crescentus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Meindersee II
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
If I'm correct, it's no different than Sacrificial Construct and say Crescentus.

Are you saying you *can't* use Sac Construct to stop Crescentus from being trashed? This is news to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JohnnyCreations wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Are you saying you *can't* use Sac Construct to stop Crescentus from being trashed? This is news to me...

You can do it - but then Crescentus doesn't DO anything, because you didn't pay the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyCreations wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

The trashing of Crescentus is a cost to get the effect. If you don't pay the cost, you don't get the effect.

You can however, use Sac Construct to save a Faerie or a Crypsis, since the trashing of those is not a cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyCreations wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

As another user mentioned. Sure you can use it to prevent the trashing, but then you don't derez the ice you were just trying to use Crescentus on.

Fairly poor play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.