Hide
12 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Owning 2 copies of Myth a good idea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ramon Ortiz
msg tools
Just bought another coppy on eBay, because it was at a good price, any good reason to own 2 copies of the game? or I did a dumb purchase? Forget price, is having 2 copies a dumb idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaeu Li
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monly wrote:
Just bought another coppy on eBay, because it was at a good price, any good reason to own 2 copies of the game? or I did a dumb purchase? Forget price, is having 2 copies a dumb idea?

I think it depends on a few things such as -

A) Did you get all the stretch goals with both?
B) Are you looking to dual lair the same monster?
C) Are you looking to play multiple of the same hero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Ortiz
msg tools
chimaerical wrote:
Monly wrote:

I got 2 core games with 2 sets of metal coins and plates and sleeves and 2 torched guys and 2 story KS books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Ortiz
msg tools
JimbobJones wrote:
Monly wrote:
chimaerical wrote:
Monly wrote:

I got 2 core games with 2 sets of metal coins and plates and sleeves and 2 torched guys and 2 story KS books.

So you bought both off of ebay? Were either of them the full pledge, or only what they seller had in-hand at the time?

What they had in hand, If I bought the full pledge it would have been to costly, and I intend to get everything later. I saw reviews and play sessions of this game and I am in love with it. just wanted to know if it was dumb to get 2 because I think of this game as a RPG that I can create the story after getting tired of the story itself provides, and to have more tiles and another set of decks for when the female sculpts come to retail, also the metal coins are a nice piece imo. Also I thought that one could get overwhelmed of minions that the extra minis would come in handy. I just wanted to know if this things I think will be good to have 2 copies are good enough reasons to own 2 copies and are not dumb reasons or if any of my reasons are wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Ortiz
msg tools
Why wont I use the duplicate tiles? I know quests are design in the book to use the ones included in a box, but chain quests and non book adventures can still use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did just fine. I pledged 2 Captain levels so I'd always have enough minions running around, extra tiles, two hero decks if two players both want to play the same class, and I can run two games at conventions and/or larger demos and/or more than 5 people want to play.

There are lots of good reasons for extra tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob stencel

mooresville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the 2 captain, but sold the base game and first round of stretch goals to a budy of mine. Regretting it short term some, because already ran into situation 2x where didn't have enough minis to spawn when hit the double spawn condition. Once get next wave in wont have to worry though, as keeping everything from both but the female heroes and kickstarter hero double.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:
Shadow4ce wrote:
You did just fine. I pledged 2 Captain levels so I'd always have enough minions running around, extra tiles, two hero decks if two players both want to play the same class, and I can run two games at conventions and/or larger demos and/or more than 5 people want to play.

There are lots of good reasons for extra tiles.

Holy crap, 2 captain levels? I think you may have overreached -- I can't think of a time when you'll need 300 figures on the boards

Like I mentioned, at Cons I'll have two games going at once.

I only have one KS account. I added the second in the pledge manager. 2x Captain levels gave me more minis than Archer level for less $ iirc. Plus two sets of tiles, and like I mentioned, allows two players to play same hero. I have two daughters in college. They'll each inherit one copy eventually. (They are both pretty serious gamers). For game companies who don't allow add-ons of duplicate pledges, my oldest daughter has a KS account, so we double up on ones we know will be good one way or another. But we are very selective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hart

Rockford
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:

Quick question on KS... I've backed another project, but was considering getting a second pledge. How do you do that? Just note it in the pledge, or do you have 2 KS accounts?

If want to add a second pledge for a game, like getting two Captain levels, you select the level you want, then double the money for your pledge. Then during the pledge manager you can specify two levels.

It is a good idea to make sure this works with the game/project you are backing.

Also, if you decide to back out and drop you pledge. You have to drop the pledge AND make sure you reduce you pledge amount to $0. I got burned by this once. It was only $15, but after the fact the people running the project didn't want to refund anything soblue (never backing them again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I might eventually add a second copy, but more so for the extra decks so people can play what they want... also with the tiny tokens, and my kiddos I see missing a few of the smaller items over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Buying 2 is perfectly fine. It allows you to have 2 of the same class, double the minis is good, you'll even have the hero boards to play more than 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:
Quick question on KS... I've backed another project, but was considering getting a second pledge. How do you do that? Just note it in the pledge, or do you have 2 KS accounts?

Ask the creator of the KS project. I've seen some not allow a second copy, I've seen others who will also give you full stretch goals. Some KS only gave an exclusive item to each person who pledged. So the safe bet, if postage is free, is to use a second account.

As for two copies of MYTH, MYTH is freeform enough that at least the minion miniatures from the second copy will be used for "double lair" scenarios, or "one race" slaughterfields. You can also have two players play the same class. Personally, I'd buy expansion sets before a second copy of MYTH. OTOH, At a game convention, why not have a ten-person game of MYTH against two sets of bosses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.