5 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolving Events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hehao Chang
Singapore
flag msg tools
I have a question on how to resolve events that have not been dealt with. For example, I have events X and Y out on my board currently. X has been there for 2 turns while Y has just been opened this turn. I choose to deal with event Y, discarding it. On the next turn when even Z is drawn, is even X discarded and thus I have to suffer the repercussions? Or, did I 'buy' myself a turn by resolving even Y thus leaving a space for event Z to be placed? Sorry if my question is confusing. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You've bought yourself time by clearing the spot. The next event card will fill the spot formerly held by Y. X will not fall off unless both spots are filled and a new event needs to enter the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You "bought yourself another turn". If two cards are there and a third is drawn and ready to be placed, the left-most card's bottom event must be resolved and the card discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The two card spaces on the board are not two separate spaces.

A new card is always placed on the rightmost space.
If another card is already there, you push the other card to the left (onto the second space). If not, nothing happens.
If you push a card to the left, and there is also a card there, THAT card is pushed off the board. If not, nothing happens.
If a card is pushed off the board, you execute it's Threat Effect.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hehao Chang
Singapore
flag msg tools
Alright thanks alot for the help! I won my first 3 games on Castaways so I was looking through for rules that I might have missed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.