Lost Cities» Forums » Sessions

Subject: And Just How Many Trunks Does Madame Expect She Needs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've all been there. We're so certain that, paradoxically enough, the Himalayas and Egypt are the destinations for us. We pack, we set off, and then, along the way, we get these brochures... The jungle looks lovely. You've always wondered about Atlantis. And before you know it, you're haring off in every direction, and about to lose your shirt in travel expenses.

This is what happened to me in Round 2. In my opening hand, I had high cards in white and yellow, and investments in both. So I took the plunge, and started investing, assuming that I'd get plenty of lower cards along the way. What I got along the way were plenty of other cards in green and blue, but with no investment cards. I kept stalling, discarding a red investment card here, finally giving in and starting off yellow with a 6. Eventually, I had to just go for it. I did my greens and blues with no investments and pulled out modest scores. I did my whites and yellows starting at 6 with yellow and 7 with white, and didn't score hugely, but managed to get in the positives, which is sometimes all you can ask for when you've put down two investment cards on a color!

Round 3 saw a diverse itinerary from the beginning. I had medium to high cards in blue, white, and green, but no investment cards. I stalled some more, eventually got my investment cards, and was finally able to start laying down my pretty considerable runs. The problem was, while I was busy waiting, the deck was busy dwindling. All of a sudden, I regained consciousness of the world outside me and noticed that, while I had 5 cards yet to lay down, there were also only 5 cards left in the deck. I managed it, barely, by picking up from discard piles, while The Husband, who had finished most of his business and saw what I was trying to do, blithely kept drawing from the deck.

Joke's on him. For the three rounds, the final score was 171-122, yours truly having packed in the winning score. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.