Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get into this game, and had decided to go for the WW1 set - these rules/accessories, 4 planes, mat etc.

But the prices in the UK are massively higher than in the US, France, Germany.

Why is this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why is this game distributed through the US when Ares are Italians. The shipping makes the prices go high. It should not be a big deal to have one container shipped from China straight to Europe right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares has its office/design studio in Italy, but from a logistical and commercial point of view works just like an American publisher.

Creating a logistical hub to service European distribution is as difficult for us as it would be for any other American companies.

Not even companies like FFG or Steve Jackson Games, which are several times bigger than we are, have been able to setup something like that - not because they cannot, but because it's not convenient to do that, as most national countries are to be serviced anyway through distributors, such as Esdevium, Enigma, Heidelberger, to cover them.

Despite all what we can think, Europe is still far away from being "one" market in the way the US are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Manley
msg tools
designer
Perhaps a distribution point in China might be a better prospect thatn one in the US or Europe? I've been amazed recently how I can buy model kits and other large items from China, air mail, for very, very reasonable prices (i.e. the postage was either a couple of dollars or, in many cases, free). If I can get a plastic kit from China in 2 days fr less than the cost of buying it here (or less than a third of buying from the US) then the same could be true for WGF/S/SGN stuff too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Woods
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just jumpped in for $150. I'll get the starter box, both dualing boxes and a coastal map and a countryside map in a few days. Not Bad. Shipping wasn't that bad, Fed EX $7.99 2-5 days. But I live just outside Boston MA USA. No Store have it around me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.