Subject: Phase 5 crisis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Domestic crises usually occur in phases 4 & 6 but they can also occur in phase 5 (the Action phase) due to the use of the Researcher or Headhunter card.

When this happened I wasn't sure what to do with citizens who became rebels after they had already taken an action. In particular should I move the new rebels off the harvest spaces that they were blocking (having harvested earlier in the turn)?

We decided to leave the rebels on the harvest spaces but I'm keen to hear if other people think differently.

What about this situation:

There was a crisis in phase 4 that left some citizens as rebels. Due to the use of the Researcher or Headhunter card there is a crisis in phase 5.

When resolving the crisis, can the rebels from phase 4 now be stood up & used for actions in what's left of phase 5?

If you were not able to stand up all your citizens in resolution of the new crisis it would be advantageous if you could leave the citizens who are already engaged lying down & stand up unengaged citizens. I would rule that this is possible (otherwise it's too hard to track rebels before & after crises). You could rule that engaged citizens must be stood up first but it's such a rare case that I wouldn't introduce this complexity.

The rules (on p7) say that after a crisis rebel citizens "will stay rebels until phase 1 of the next turn." But that is not true because you can stand up rebels after each crisis in Phase 6. I think the rule should add "unless they are stood up in the resolution of an immediate (red zone) crisis."

Are there any other issues caused by a crisis in phase 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reveal the crysis because of Researcher or Headhunter, you ignore it. It has been FAQued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
aradraug wrote:
If you reveal the crysis because of Researcher or Headhunter, you ignore it. It has been FAQued.

Interesting. Can you point me to the latest FAQ?

The English one here on BGG (FAQ english) says, "the researcher or the headhunter can scroll cards in phase 5 and if a red back is revealed, we must also resolve the crisis".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't see how either of those cards can 'scroll' cards outside of the action phase, as you can only use evolution cards either before or after an action disc.

Red back crisis should only be considered /resolved when purchasing/rotating evolution cards.

Tan crisis and white events should only be considered /resolved during balance of the Archipelago.

Of course I also don't have the rules /FAQ in front of me, so I could be mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freierfall Sonnenflieger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the FAQ is right, this derives clearly from the updated rules of the game (available on the website)

Quote:
Important: If, as a result of drawing a card, the next card on top of the deck includes a red zone on its back, the corresponding crisis or event must be resolved immediately, following the rules in Phase 4.

The mentioned development cards result in a drawing of cards and therefore can cause a red crisis. Thats probably the only exception to the rule that red crisis matter only in phase 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
hxbx wrote:

There was a crisis in phase 4 that left some citizens as rebels. Due to the use of the Researcher or Headhunter card there is a crisis in phase 5.

When resolving the crisis, can the rebels from phase 4 now be stood up & used for actions in what's left of phase 5?

So to sum things up, if the 6th card has red crisis shown after using Headhunter/Researcher, it is resolved immediately.

So yes, rebels from phase 4 now can be stood up and used for actions in what's left of phase 5, after the crisis is resolved.

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
hxbx wrote:

So to sum things up, if the 6th card has red crisis shown after using Headhunter/Researcher, it is resolved immediately.

So yes, rebels from phase 4 now can be stood up and used for actions in what's left of phase 5, after the crisis is resolved.

Correct?

I think so. And I also think this means you can have rebels blocking harvest spaces (engaged rebels) if you choose not to stand them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
hxbx wrote:
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
hxbx wrote:

Correct?

I think so. And I also think this means you can have rebels blocking harvest spaces (engaged rebels) if you choose not to stand them up.

Perfect, thanks Ben. I'm adding this to my ever growing note on my personal FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.