Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Capes and Villains» Forums » General

Subject: Who is missing? - Wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Okay, Wayne's thread about his character and the discussion about Ferrocious Kitty made me think about my ally level as well. And I thought, what character/ hero/ villain is missing?

So, what characters would you like to see in Capes and Villains? What kind of powers would be cool to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yip Foong Ng
msg tools
Succubus/Incubus?
A Captain America/Ms Marvel type?
Someone like She-Hulk?
There's a honey-bee...maybe a Queen Wasp?
Or a Lady Scorpio?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yip, are you suggesting only characters that I might like?

I don't want this threat only for myself, I am interested in any suggestions and if it is something like a comnibation of a dung beetle and a yeti.

I would have thought you would go for some intelligent mecha who is in love with a geisha but has to follow a restraining order.

Or an alien seductress under mind control of a dolphin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Townsend
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm no comic book expert, but I've did my best to figure out the mash-ups.

-Super Tough (Iron Fist?)
-Rapid Skunk (Batman vs. Wolverine?)
-Honey-Bee (Wasp?)
-Exuberation Lee (Jubilee vs. The Bride?)
-Iron Anvil (Ironman vs. Juggernaut?)
-Wonder Spy (Black Widow?)
-Catastrophe (Doomsday or Apocalypse?)
-Lady Jester (Female Joker?)
-Dr. Cthulhu (Dr.Doom?)
-Mr. Bones (Mr. Freeze?)
-The Cantonese (Luke Cage?)
-Dead Arrow (Zombie Hawkeye)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yip Foong Ng
msg tools
Sifting through the comments...
Exuberation Lee = Jubilee & Lady Shiva (from League of Assassins)
Super Tough = Superman & Captain America
Catastrophe = Doomsday & Apocalypse (can we say final boss please?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
AlphaDub wrote:

-Honey-Bee (Wasp?)
-Dr. Cthulhu (Dr.Doom?)
-Mr. Bones (Mr. Freeze?)

Great guesses! Here's the answers
1. Superman + Captain America + Nacho Libre
2. Batman + Wolverine
3. Spider-Man + Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)
4. Jubilee + Lady Shiva + Gogo from Kill Bill
5. Iron Man + Cyborg + Hulk
6. Black Widow + Wonder Woman
7. Doomsday + Apocalypse + Ultron + Mr. Sinestor + Darkseid
8. Joker + Lady Deathstrike
9. Doctor Octopus + Cthulhu + Green Goblin
10. Parody of "the Mandarin" + A Man Called Hero (Hong Kong Comics)
11. Hawkeye + Deadshot + Green Arrow + zombie Robin Hood (FTG)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Korhil13 wrote:
Sifting through the comments...
Exuberation Lee = Jubilee & Lady Shiva (from League of Assassins)
Super Tough = Superman & Captain America
Catastrophe = Doomsday & Apocalypse (can we say final boss please?)

Lol we actually have a very large "Universe Boss" we want to introduce in the stretches....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have toyed with the idea of pledging at The Story Arc level to create an arch-nemesis but my budget is stretched too thin this month and I can't afford it. Instead, I'll share my concept for anyone else to use or adapt as they please. It could possibly be whittled down to create an Ally level character, too.

Name: Peril Eyes

Combo of: Cyclops + Daredevil + Electro + Electra + Medusa

Tropes: Electrical Manipulation, Eyeblasts, Blindness/Blind Fighting (because who shoots bolts out of their eyes and ISN’T BLIND!??)

A blind girl learns she is a rare descendant of Medusa, who was not a mythological monster but a real person with superpowers in Ancient Greece. The power was to absorb the electrical field of anything she looks at. Since there weren’t a lot of machines back then, this limited her to absorbing the bioelectricity of living things. This would induce a paralysis effect in humans that became the “petrifying gaze” of myth. The static effect of the absorbed electricity would make her hair stand on end and writhe, which led to the legend of having snakes for hair.

Translated to the 21st century, this ability multiplied in power. Peril Eyes can absorb electricity through her eyes from machines as well as living things. She can release the stored energy as lightning bolts shooting from her eyes. When fully charged, she still has “Bad Hair” just like her ancestor which signals that skin contact will deliver a nasty shock.

Unfortunately, this additional power coursing through her eyes has made her blind by normal standards. Instead, she can “see” 360 degrees by sensing electrical fields. She trained with masters of blind fighting to take advantage of this and prefers to fight with a pair of sai that can extend her shock touch. She dresses in comfortable martial arts garb that leaves her arms and lower legs exposed to further the versatility of the shock touch.

I don’t have much in the way of her backstory, personal motivation, or even whether she’s good or evil. Could go either way. I imagine she would make a good nemesis for Iron Anvil or any other tech-heavy character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litfung7 wrote:
AlphaDub wrote:

-Honey-Bee (Wasp?)
-Dr. Cthulhu (Dr.Doom?)
-Mr. Bones (Mr. Freeze?)

Great guesses! Here's the answers
1. Superman + Captain America + Nacho Libre
2. Batman + Wolverine
3. Spider-Man + Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)
4. Jubilee + Lady Shiva + Gogo from Kill Bill
5. Iron Man + Cyborg + Hulk
6. Black Widow + Wonder Woman
7. Doomsday + Apocalypse + Ultron + Mr. Sinestor + Darkseid
8. Joker + Lady Deathstrike
9. Doctor Octopus + Cthulhu + Green Goblin
10. Parody of "the Mandarin" + A Man Called Hero (Hong Kong Comics)
11. Hawkeye + Deadshot + Green Arrow + zombie Robin Hood (FTG)!

I know less than 50% of the superheroes/ villains... modest
I hope I don't miss too many inside jokes. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obviously I havent decided on my Ally character, otherwise I would have started this thread differently, but I am thinking about some kind of Two Face between an angel and a succubus () with power over pheromones.
Or maybe have one Agent and one Henchmen that get completely different abilities if both cards are in play as they will not fight against each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Magermilchmagier wrote:
Obviously I havent decided on my Ally character, otherwise I would have started this thread differently, but I am thinking about some kind of Two Face between an angel and a succubus () with power over pheromones.
Or maybe have one Agent and one Henchmen that get completely different abilities if both cards are in play as they will not fight against each other.

Ooohh! Nice one! Since it's a half/half between good and evil... Instead of two face, it's "Two Faith"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Townsend
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Lady Death you say? Man she was one of my favorites! As a 16yo boy you can see why...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ophryon wrote:
I have toyed with the idea of pledging at The Story Arc level to create an arch-nemesis but my budget is stretched too thin this month and I can't afford it. Instead, I'll share my concept for anyone else to use or adapt as they please. It could possibly be whittled down to create an Ally level character, too.

Name: Peril Eyes

Combo of: Cyclops + Daredevil + Electro + Electra + Medusa

Tropes: Electrical Manipulation, Eyeblasts, Blindness/Blind Fighting (because who shoots bolts out of their eyes and ISN’T BLIND!??)

A blind girl learns she is a rare descendant of Medusa, who was not a mythological monster but a real person with superpowers in Ancient Greece. The power was to absorb the electrical field of anything she looks at. Since there weren’t a lot of machines back then, this limited her to absorbing the bioelectricity of living things. This would induce a paralysis effect in humans that became the “petrifying gaze” of myth. The static effect of the absorbed electricity would make her hair stand on end and writhe, which led to the legend of having snakes for hair.

Translated to the 21st century, this ability multiplied in power. Peril Eyes can absorb electricity through her eyes from machines as well as living things. She can release the stored energy as lightning bolts shooting from her eyes. When fully charged, she still has “Bad Hair” just like her ancestor which signals that skin contact will deliver a nasty shock.

Unfortunately, this additional power coursing through her eyes has made her blind by normal standards. Instead, she can “see” 360 degrees by sensing electrical fields. She trained with masters of blind fighting to take advantage of this and prefers to fight with a pair of sai that can extend her shock touch. She dresses in comfortable martial arts garb that leaves her arms and lower legs exposed to further the versatility of the shock touch.

I don’t have much in the way of her backstory, personal motivation, or even whether she’s good or evil. Could go either way. I imagine she would make a good nemesis for Iron Anvil or any other tech-heavy character.

Wow! The story brief sounds pretty solid and the powers are super awesome. It makes sense! If you were to make a cape or villain deck it would be very epic! Really good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litfung7 wrote:
Magermilchmagier wrote:

Ooohh! Nice one! Since it's a half/half between good and evil... Instead of two face, it's "Two Faith"

Damn! You are good! I should have come up with two faith myself. devil
And it could also change the way the power works. Not because of pheromones but because of believing and faith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Townsend
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Two Faih: sounds awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something else I would like to see:
A Naga - Ninja - Kali a bit like in Heroes of Might and Magic.

Or a character tattoed all over the body with each tatto having a mystical effect. Alternatively as a bad guy, it could be some kind of tattoed labyrinth with the power to draw people in.

Or another character that is able to banish everything negativ from people, leaving them like "Big Brother is watching you" happy automatons.

So many possibilities and maybe I shouldn't have started to read the Wild Cards series...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Punisher type
Lobo type
Judge Dredd type
Nightcrawler type
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Himura Kensou
msg tools
publisher
badge
White Queen or Jean Grey type would be cool, but to have them mash up with someone like Punisher, Cable, Lobo, or someone from DC with heavy artillery would be awesome.

Also, haven't seen any of the atlantean crew (aquaman + namor) or any of the speedsters yet. Looking forward to seeing more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
himurakensou8 wrote:
White Queen or Jean Grey type would be cool, but to have them mash up with someone like Punisher, Cable, Lobo, or someone from DC with heavy artillery would be awesome.

Also, haven't seen any of the atlantean crew (aquaman + namor) or any of the speedsters yet. Looking forward to seeing more!

Well... we do have some pre-created characters on the back burner we're itching to release in the stretch goals. So don't be surprised to see them make an appearance on April 28th

Hmmm..... White Queen + Punisher = White Castle? (LOL I had to do it since I'm originally from Michigan.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
himurakensou8 wrote:
..or any of the speedsters yet.

I was toying with ideas for what to combo a speedster with. I thought an elemental type might be amusing (Human Torch, Iceman, etc.), because the word 'Flash' already commonly gets paired with elemental words: Flash Fire, Flash Flood, Flash Freeze, Flash Light, Flash Bang. Any of those could make a tongue-in-cheek superhero name.

Flashover is the firefighting term for when a room's contents are heated to their ignition point, so maybe he's a guy that moves so fast he can make objects spontaneously ignite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ophryon wrote:
himurakensou8 wrote:
..or any of the speedsters yet.

I was toying with ideas for what to combo a speedster with. I thought an elemental type might be amusing (Human Torch, Iceman, etc.), because the word 'Flash' already commonly gets paired with elemental words: Flash Fire, Flash Flood, Flash Freeze, Flash Light, Flash Bang. Any of those could make a tongue-in-cheek superhero name.

Flashover is the firefighting term for when a room's contents are heated to their ignition point, so maybe he's a guy that moves so fast he can make objects spontaneously ignite.

Ohhh! A speedster with fire ability. LOL I really like the Flash + Human Torch combo! Can you imagine, using flash's ability to vibrate through someone and "injecting" a fireball in them just before he comes out and shouts... "Internal Combustion!" while they explode behind him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is...twisted. I love it. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.