Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finished my first game of Easy Fox. I loved it of course.

Anyway, tonight I was sorting and clipping some counters into counter trays.

I came across a couple of issues that I need to clear up. I noticed some counters not used in the basic game that I couldn't find mentioned in the rules easily.

1) What are the US Garrison counters for?

2) There are US Inf counters from both divisions marked by their div number.
No landing space or beach designation.

When and where do they come in? Which rule explains it?

Thanks in advance chaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Moruya23 wrote:

1) What are the US Garrison counters for?

Garrison markers can be placed in an unoccupied German position that is in range of an engineer. See 19 and 19.3 for engineer capabilities.

Moruya23 wrote:

When and where do they come in? Which rule explains it?

Units without a turn of entry are placed in beach landing boxes during setup. See 2.2 The playing pieces.

Please note that I have first edition of the game. These rules should be the same but the sections may be a bit different.

Have fun, it's a great game!

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Units marked simply "1st" or "29th" (which I think is what you are referring to) can be placed in any beach landing box as long as it is in their respective half of the beach.

And yes, it is a brilliant game. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
Quote:

Units marked simply "1st" or "29th" (which I think is what you are referring to) can be placed in any beach landing box as long as it is in their respective half of the beach.

There are also some units that specify a beach section but not which hex in that section. Those can be placed in any of the hexes with that designation.
See 5.3 on page 9 for details (in the second edition rules, though there is no indication that it has been changed from the first edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
ReggieMcFly wrote:
Quote:

There are also some units that specify a beach section but not which hex in that section. Those can be placed in any of the hexes with that designation.
See 5.3 on page 9 for details (in the second edition rules, though there is no indication that it has been changed from the first edition)

Thanks everyone for your answers. I think I know about the Garrison units now. They are not used in the basic game so I won't worry about them yet.

The units marked 1st and 29th have been partially explained. I also now realize I had missed the arrival turns on the counters all being turns 16 or later. They are all for the extended game so I won't worry about them yet either.

Thanks again everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.