Alhambra: The Falconers» Forums » General

Subject: Alhambra - The Falconers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Ashplant
Spain
Murcia
flag msg tools
We bought this extra extension (number 6, the Falconers) from Amazon UK.

We excitedly sat down to play last night and were disappointed to find that the tiles for "The Portals" have rounded corners. This means that they are significantly smaller than the other Alhambra tiles that they are supposed to fit in with.

We thought The Portals would provide a useful extension which we would use quite often but, unfortunately, because of the incorrect size, they are messy to use.

For those who have not seen this extension, The Portals consist of building-tile sized tiles, cut in half diagonally. Two together should be exactly the size of any other tile. Unfortunately, someone in production has thought they would look nice with big rounded corners. However, this does not work and makes them unusable!

The box and instructions clearly show tiles without rounded corners that fit in exactly.

I have emailed Queen Games in the hope that they can offer replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say they're useless. "Fiddly" is a more correct term IMO.

If the corners hadn't been rounded, QG would receive loads of complaints from customers with broken corners, but slightly smaller corners would have been ideal.
I consider it more of a aesthetic eyesore than a game-playing problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.