Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
In a way this is a session report but I don't think I captured enough detail for that so I will post my excitement here.
True, it was only Passage Thru Mirkwood, but I had never used Tactics alone with any real success (even really advancing at all!).
I don't know what my score was but my final threat was 39. My strategy was to just not concern myself with threat level because the heroes are so powerful, but if I would succeed it would be by questing as quickly as possible.
Legolas' response was critical in this regard (Thalin & Gimli were the other heroes I used).
Then when I got to 3b I chose Ungoliant's Spawn and went right at her.
I never used a Gandalf, even though I had one in hand. I was so close that I wanted to see if I could finish without him.
However, I did use Winged Guardian in my deck. Otherwise it was a Core Set victory all the way (couldn't have done it without WG though).
It has been ages since I even blended any tactics heroes into my deck so this was a fun experiment that brought back some of the early thrill of first playing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Then when I got to 3b I chose Ungoliant's Spawn and went right at her

Doesn't the text on 2b say you must select the third segment of the quest at random?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
familygaming wrote:
Quote:
Then when I got to 3b I chose Ungoliant's Spawn and went right at her

Doesn't the text on 2b say you must select the third segment of the quest at random?

I did. I randomly selected my 3a. "When revealed" gave me the option of any spider I want, yes? So I took Ungoliant Spawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With solo tactics i have won even rhosgobell and massing at osgiliath. I thing that i have won about 80% of quests with solo tactics only.

If you choose your deck clever and offcource depending on the AP and deluxe packs that you have, thus the options on deck building, it can be done nearly on every quest.

With core set only it is tough though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
i remember doing JDtA with Thalin Hama and Legolas. Took my like 30 attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.