Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a mention of 13 Dead End Drive a while back on Reddit, and it immediately caught my fancy. I knew I needed it. At that time, there weren't any copies in the Marketplace here, so I paid Way Too Much for a used copy on Amazon. It was a good while, though, before it got played.

Four players, at the end of a long day of gaming because the ones with a kid had managed to get Grandma to take her, and they were blissfully able to game with us without one of them jumping up every other turn. (Ah, the joy of having a dog!) Also, we were all sort of giddy because they're our best friends, but we live far apart now, so we don't see each other often.

We set everything up, which took a little while, because some of the instructions were missing, and there are a lot of pieces. We managed, though, and I admit, we were impressed by how involved this old baby was.

We actually ended up playing a few times. The first two times, we played in the conventional manner, though we added a lot of fun being silly and role-playing the characters, including some very dramatic monologues, complete with accents and funny voices. There was wine.

And then came the third game. It started out like the first two. Move this guy here, move this girl there, spring a trap, etc etc. And then one of us had an idea. I like to think it was me, but I can't be certain. ... Are you ready? When a character dies... turn the player upside down in the stand and make him/her a zombie! Am I right?! So then the role of the zombies was to chase down any living characters and try to get into the same space as them, thus turning them into zombies as well. It was a bloodbath.

We had a great time, though probably the experience can't quite be replicated. Still, the game as intended was fun, too. I hope to see it on the table again. I suppose eventually our friends' kids will be old enough to play it themselves, but I'd rather not wait quite that long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I LOVE this.

Over 2 years later... and I'm gonna try this next weekend. Sounds like a great fun variant. Especially with wine.

Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.