Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep seeing a reference to an FAQ, but I cannot find it. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mizerak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I do not believe there is an FAQ. Here are my variants to make the game harder that I would suggest for your group:
You can pick from this list and try some of these rules to make the game more challenging and interesting. These have all been tested and many were part of the original game.

1. Change the wording on the progressive Event cards to: "Lose a combination of health tokens and cards equal to the number of completed ops."

2. Each player only gets one chance to play cards during the completion of an op.

3. Make the skill checks progressive. This means that if you draw a second marksman skill check in the same event draw that skill check will cause you to lose 2 Health if you fail the skill check. The third one would make you lose 3 Health etc. This is for any skill check that shows up more than once in the sam Event draw.

4. Ignore the non event Event draws. Keep drawing until you get an actual Event.

I especially like number 3. It is very thematic and makes for some interesting decisions during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw those in the other thread, and I plan to implement them, but several times in the rules forums there is a reference to an FAQ. I was just wondering where that was, or if it is still in development.

Thanks,

Mizerak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikefitz wrote:
I do not believe there is an FAQ. Here are my variants to make the game harder that I would suggest for your group:
You can pick from this list and try some of these rules to make the game more challenging and interesting. These have all been tested and many were part of the original game.

1. Change the wording on the progressive Event cards to: "Lose a combination of health tokens and cards equal to the number of completed ops."

2. Each player only gets one chance to play cards during the completion of an op.

3. Make the skill checks progressive. This means that if you draw a second marksman skill check in the same event draw that skill check will cause you to lose 2 Health if you fail the skill check. The third one would make you lose 3 Health etc. This is for any skill check that shows up more than once in the sam Event draw.

4. Ignore the non event Event draws. Keep drawing until you get an actual Event.

I especially like number 3. It is very thematic and makes for some interesting decisions during the game.

I like number 3. Very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doom 18
Spain
Can Pastilla
Illes Balears
flag msg tools
¡¡¡A por el próximo!!!
badge
¡Ouch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
I saw those in the other thread, and I plan to implement them, but several times in the rules forums there is a reference to an FAQ. I was just wondering where that was, or if it is still in development.

Thanks,

Mizerak

here
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10333762#10333762
Mikefitz wrote:
Oliver is right. The only card that can be played to assist another player is the Chatterbox. The FAQ will be on Geek soon. It is very short but that is one of the questions answered.

But mr. F is right, only a couple of things need to be more clear. I am learning the game now and doubts were solved with the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.