Mirlitho -
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this situation this evening :
- no Coalition pieces on the map (everything in available forces) ;
- no more money for the Governement.

The Coalition player wanted to go for an Air Strike, so he needed to perform at least one OP.

As Patrol allows to "Move any number" of Coalition cubes, we have decided he could move 0 cubes and just perform the Air Strike.

Is it correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Yes, bottom line, I have to agree. To do a Special Activity, a faction must execute "an Operation in at least 1 space" (4.1). Even if your Coalition Patrol is not moving any Troops to any space, it is Activating 1 Guerrilla per cube (perhaps equalling 0) in each LoC space (3.2.2).

So Coalition air support to the government is still at hand! vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirlitho -
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the super fast answer !

I vote for an erratum : "move at least 1 of your faction's cubes from any space" instead of "move any number of your faction's cubes from any space"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't they still have to pay for it? Or can you call a patrol and not select any spaces and still do the air strike?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Reger
msg tools
mb
Super fast reply !

To make it even more explicit: governement resources is nil; coalition player does not have any piece on the board but does not want to pass, because he does not want to add 3 resources for the government.

Imagine a situation near to a propaganda card where coalition player wins only if government can't increase its own points count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, according to Volko's answer, it doesn't matter, as the coalition troops move for "free", and if there are none of the map, it still fulfills the requirements of "any", which can include 0 of them. I was thinking of a different Operation that would require resources if they moved the govt's troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.