John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am very delighted about the news of the second expansion. Many thanks to FFG. However why a second Rat-Skaven team ? i mean does FFG not even read any of their fans requests ? we asked for different teams and FFG could select any one of them but why a second Skaven team ??

What is your feeling of this ? not that it matters to FFG anyways, they probably not even reading or paying attention to BBG anyways but i am interested to read your initial inputs.

I am not talking about how this new rat team/cards or mechanics , i am just talking about having two teams for one race and some other races they do not exist.

Best,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say direct input to FFG or at least posting on FFG's forums will be more productive than here. Can't say I've noticed too many FFG officials posting anywhere on this site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The team name has rats in the title but they are goblins.

FFG wrote:
The Lowdown Rats: Blood Bowl is known for its fair share of sleazy players, but these goblins take the cake, bringing chainsaws, bombs, and pogo sticks to any given game. The Lowdown Rats never even consider fighting fair. They play to win by any means, but failing that, total mayhem will suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gumsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:

FFG wrote:
The Lowdown Rats: Blood Bowl is known for its fair share of sleazy players, but these goblins take the cake, bringing chainsaws, bombs, and pogo sticks to any given game. The Lowdown Rats never even consider fighting fair. They play to win by any means, but failing that, total mayhem will suffice.

Ah ... I completely missed that one, too! Wohoo! Gobbos, finally! I love all three of those teams (chaos dwarves might be a slightly exotic choice, but ... dwarves with horns? Hobgoblins? Stylish beards? Possibly huge hats? What's not to like about this?) , though I have to admit that it seems criminal that they left out snotlings YET AGAIN. What were they thinking? shake
When will the Flying Snotsmen finally be thrown to victory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, the Goblin team 'The Lowdown Rats' are part of Blood Bowl lore. If they're anything like their tabletop equivalents then they'll be a huge laugh to play, just don't expect to win consistently (or at all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for clearing this up. The name of the team is Rats but they are goblins..Ok that is good enough for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rickert wrote:
I would say direct input to FFG or at least posting on FFG's forums will be more productive than here. Can't say I've noticed too many FFG officials posting anywhere on this site.

FFG don't post often (that I'm aware of) but their employees are definitely spending time here in a professional capacity. I wouldn't necessarily expect a response within a thread but I'm sure they've at least read the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the post. That does make me feel better. Its good business if they do and read about what their fans have to say.

Hope the next expansion will be the High elves, Norse, Lizardmen, snotlings.

even if they come out as mini pack expansions (similar to the style Warhammer: Invasion- mini packs) although i must say the designers must be reaching to the end of their limits when it comes to ensure the future teams Decks are balanced with the others.

Although goblins are fun and essential to Blood Bowl, leaving out High Elves was a shocker to me.
Same with bring in Chaos Dwarves when Games Workshop do not even carry this army as an official army and leave out Lizardmen.. but returning Chaos Dwarves may open the door for the Amazons or Bretonnian.

Cheers
JR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still can't imagine that they pay more attention to their own forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gumsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
questfordragonlords wrote:
Thank you for the post. That does make me feel better. Its good business if they do and read about what their fans have to say.

Hope the next expansion will be the High elves, Norse, Lizardmen, snotlings.

even if they come out as mini pack expansions (similar to the style Warhammer: Invasion- mini packs) although i must say the designers must be reaching to the end of their limits when it comes to ensure the future teams Decks are balanced with the others.

Although goblins are fun and essential to Blood Bowl, leaving out High Elves was a shocker to me.
Same with bring in Chaos Dwarves when Games Workshop do not even carry this army as an official army and leave out Lizardmen.. but returning Chaos Dwarves may open the door for the Amazons or Bretonnian.

Cheers
JR

True ... balance is always a tricky thing - but I hope that they can manage to keep it alright. It needn't be perfect - as long as all races are still close enough to each other and feel viable. The great thing about this card game is that the goal is not so much about winning the matches but about gathering fans. And that means that - at least thematically - balance is well possible, even for stunty teams.
I just hope they continue to have enough ideas - and customers - to keep teams coming. As my only Blood Bowl experience is the computer game from Cyanide, I'd be thrilled to meet each of the teams from there on cards - including Khorne. Nevertheless, Bretonnians certainly sound like fun, too (Chivalry and Blood Bowl? THAT should be ... interesting). I'm always in favour of new teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone dissing the Chaos Dwarf team may be scarified on the altar!

Seriously, CD are one of my favorite BB Teams. I've won several BB leagues with my team. The combination of fast hobgoblins, the holding power of the Chaos Dwarfs, and the strength of the Bull Centaurs is a winner!

I'm excited to see another expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dranton wrote:
Anyone dissing the Chaos Dwarf team may be scarified on the altar!

They do have the silliest hats though .

Quote:
The combination of fast hobgoblins, the holding power of the Chaos Dwarfs, and the strength of the Bull Centaurs is a winner!

I'm not sure I'd call Hobgoblins with MA 6 exactly fast, but then, when not grinding people to the turf with muscle teams, I do like Woodies or Skaven, so my view on fast may be skewed .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suplex
msg tools
Mundane wrote:

FFG wrote:

lol its funny how people pay no attention before moaning and crying foul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Worsley
msg tools
mbmbmb
Played Sudden Death last night and realised it has been a while since it came out. So pleased that this is out and I can hopefully buy it at Expo this weekend.
I was expecting he next expansion to be a jungle theme with Norse, Amazons and Lizardmen though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Suplex wrote:
Mundane wrote:

FFG wrote:

lol its funny how people pay no attention before moaning and crying foul.

Although tbh crying "FOUL" is appropriate for the theme here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am dissapointed that they chose to include a sub-faction of Chaos (Nurgle), a sub-faction of Orcs and Goblins (Goblins), and an alternate Chaos/Dwarf faction (uh… Chaos Dwarfs) before they decided to include fan favourites and staples in the way of Amazons, Halflings and Lizardmen (for example). There are a lot of other unrepresented factions too which I won’t begin to list: if you know your Warhammer Fantasy or your Blood Bowl you already know them. I really think that some factions should have been included well before the inclusion of an alternate Chaos faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I'm pretty sure I remember Goblin and Chaos Dwarf teams being in the game before Amazons and Lizardmen (I remember the 'excitement' surrounding the launch of Lizardmen in WH), so they might be releasing the more classic teams fisrt, or at least those represented by WH armies to help recruit new players for GW? Saying that, Halflings were in the 1st Ed, but did anyone play them seriously?

Give it time, I'm sure FFG aren't done with this yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.