Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every once in a while, I like taking a poll to see what everyone's favorite character is and see how tastes have changed and whatnot. So here's the new one!

(The last one I did was back in August and can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1023584/first-impression...)

The poll is organized by flight and then alphabetically if you are having trouble finding someone.

Poll
Who is your favorite character?
Alexian
Eligor
Karin
Marmelee
Pendros
Shekhtur
Cesar
Kajia
Mikhail
Ottavia
Rexan
Runika
Aria
Byron
Clinhyde
Lesandra
Lymn
Oriana
Adjenna
Arec
Clive
Gerard
Joal
Voco
Endrbyt
Gaspar
Iaxus
Kaitlyn
Malandrax
Tanis
      72 answers
Poll created by TKRKS

For me its still Mikhail, but I really like Clinhyde and Byron too now (as well as Kaitlyn and Pendros from before)

Im curious to see how this has changed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augusto E. Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still favor Adjenna, but my last match has make me aware of Joal, which was someone i didn't have much interest in, and of the power of Rexan who i thought was less powerful than he really is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Byron is my fave from Devastation with Clinhyde being a close second. I never thought I would care for a "ranged" character, but Byron's damage potential combined with the range-specific debuff mind games have been a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Slade
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Clive because I really like his mechanic.

My top 5 is:
Clive
Kajia
Karin
Rexan
Gaspar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Karen and Pendros But based on what I know of their mechanics mechanically my favorites will be Tanis, Aria, Lymn, Ottavia and Karen
Voting for Tanis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite on Devastation is still Endrbyt. I just love how easy it is to customize him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Runika, but my top 5 so far are:

1. Runika
2. Clinhyde
3. Shekhtur
4. Cesar
5. Eligor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn is probably my favorite. Her mind games and maneuverability are a lot of fun for me. I'm also a big fan of Aria due to her insane speed and (once again) maneuverability. Characters her can jump around, confounding enemy expectations, are the ones I have the most interest in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It already looks way more spread out than last time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zamnath wrote:
Kaitlyn is probably my favorite. Her mind games and maneuverability are a lot of fun for me. I'm also a big fan of Aria due to her insane speed and (once again) maneuverability. Characters her can jump around, confounding enemy expectations, are the ones I have the most interest in.

I'm considering Aria, as I like characters with maneuverability and ability to close spaces quickly (Gen & Viper player in SF4). How is Aria's damage potential? Any tips/hints on using her?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
mooken wrote:
Zamnath wrote:

I'm considering Aria, as I like characters with maneuverability and ability to close spaces quickly (Gen & Viper player in SF4). How is Aria's damage potential? Any tips/hints on using her?

Aria's pretty low damage, but Turret Droid can really add up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really impressed by how even the votes are already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far my top 5 are:

1. Malandrax
2. Aria
3. Rexan
4. Lesandra
5. Kajia

Tanis, Joal, and Arec could steal a spot in the top 5, but I need some more playing time with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, my top five (DoI and WoI, haven't played enough to divide it up by set) are:

1. Kajia
2. Iaxus
3. Heketch
4. Vanaah
5. Lymn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as Devastation goes, I love me some Byron. You can justify playing him as a Ranger, Brawler, or Juggernaut (though some better than others against certain characters) and the mindgames inherent in that is wonderful.
My favorite character period though, is Hepzibah. Can't even say quite why. I guess I like her Toolbox Safe-Brawler nature.
From Fate, it's Iri. Partialy because flavor, partially because mechanics that I can't really spoil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.