Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
Got 3 questions concerning this game:

1. What happens is a gate appears on a space a player is currently on? Is he sucked in immidiately and has to make an "Other World" encounter on his next turn, like in the FFG version, or is it just ignored and he can normnally move away on his next turn?

2. What does happen when you don't have any money and lose your Strenght/Sanity points in Arkham? As far as I know, you need 3$ to get 1D6 of strenght/sanity restored but if you don't have any?

3. How do flying monsters move if: a.) there are no players in Arkham? b.) All players/the nearest player is inside a building?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSimon wrote:
1. What happens is a gate appears on a space a player is currently on?

The rules are unclear on this, so by inference I play that the investigator is immediately sucked to the Other World, just as if they uncover a gate as a location encounter.

Quote:
2. What does happen when you don't have any money and lose your Strength/Sanity points in Arkham?

The location descriptions for the Hospital and Sanitarium cover this -- you pay what you can, get one turn's stay, and then must leave.

Quote:
3. How do flying monsters move if: a.) there are no players in Arkham?

Unclear. I play that they just sit there.

Quote:
b.) All players/the nearest player is inside a building?

Also unclear. I play that they lurk outside the door, but you could easily argue from the Flyer glossary entry that they don't move unless there's someone on the sidewalk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rules to hand but, from memory.

1: The investigator is sucked through the gate into the other world, i think he is also delayed, so would have a total of 3 encounters in the other world because he stands up on his next move phase instead of moving to the next other world space.

2: Yes, see the locations of hospital and sanatorium. With the expansion tho you come back on full health or sanity (depending on which one went to zero)

3: They dont move i think, unless someone is in a street area.

oh, i just noticed you arnt referring to the ffg version. Not sure how they differ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies!
I am still confused when it comes to the movement of the Hounds of Tindalos. My rules (found here on BGG) say they only attack in buildings, but how do you move them? Do they move normally on the streets like other monsters just that they may enter building and only attack inside them? If so, are you allowed to simply walk through them when they are on a Street space? Or do they jump from building to building and never enter any street space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that they move like flyers, but don't exist for any purpose on the street spaces. You can only encounter them in indoor locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.