Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I defeat the enchanter, which does before and after combat damage, if I defeat the monster do I still have to implement "after encounter dmg"

I know it sounds like a weird question but I would guess that I do have to apply the dmg even if I destroy the card. Although it doesn't make any thematic sense.

"Ok Berk you defeat the monster and it's dead, oh by the way, take 5 dmg!"

"what? why?"

"after combat damage. . ."

"aaaffteRRR coomBAT DAMAGE!" *table flip*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unless the after the encounter effect has a condition related to the card being defeated or undefeated, you still apply it. Maybe the enchanter's scream as she dies hurts you, our maybe the goblin pyro drops his touch and sets the area ablaze with his last breath. But it really doesn't matter whether you can conceptualize how it would work, bedside they are just cards. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could have been simultaneous damage "thematically", where the monster dies and the hero takes damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just some slight information for the OP. After the encounter damage is a new step, so every character can play one of each card type to reduce that damage.

So even if a character ends up losing a check against a monster and playing an armor to reduce the combat damage, they can still play an armor for after the encounter damage, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.