Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
One rule I'm testing out is letting players discard their whole hand (skipping their turn) and take 1 cube that can be cashed in on a future turn for 1¢ It helps with bad hands or if you don't want to buy something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds reasonable/interesting. I'll have to try it when I get my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use home rule: in the end of the turn player can hold in his hand any unplayed cards (instead discard all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Another option - if you can't buy a card, trash 1 card from the highest value VP pile (novels)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
Another option - if you can't buy a card, trash 1 card from the highest value VP pile (novels)

Not sure about this one...this could allow you to rush a game...although by the time you can't buy a card, perhaps it's high time for the game to be ending anyways!

I'll have to mull this one over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Y
Israel
(East) Tel-Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
One rule I'm testing out is letting players discard their whole hand (skipping their turn) and take 1 cube that can be cashed in on a future turn for 1¢ It helps with bad hands or if you don't want to buy something.

I would add that they may trash one of the discarded cards. That trashing may be very useful to players with no trashing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.