Popular Tags: [View All]
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group has now fought La Capitan five times and beaten her once. We've used a variety of heroes, but we've never felt like hero choice made a difference. She just murders us in three rounds flat. She just spams crew and they drain our hitpoints at an alarming rate. "Battle-Forged" and "Siege-Breaker" have to be among the least well-balanced cards in the whole game - oodles of hitpoints, massive damage, and damage reduction on one of them. Her healing power makes the low damage we seem to be able to output feel pretty pointless, and eliminating the cards under her after she flips drains several instances of damage while we're just getting caned. Prioritising targets is night impossible when there are so many and they keep coming out.

What the hell to you do to beat her? How is she only difficulty 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the choice of heros is to fault?
The first time I played against her I got CRUSHED, she won with full HP (I don't think she ever lost any considerable amount). The next time, I took more heros, high damage dealers and it was pretty easy. Or maybe, it was just luck of the cards...
Either way, the number of heros and their characteristics seems to be a big factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find her to be too hard in general, but she can be tough if you get unlucky with her draws. I find that you really need to take out her ship first thing so you don't get nearly as many cards in play. I also find that it helps to have at least one hero that can do damage to multiple (or all) villain targets. That way when she flips, you can get rid of the cards underneath her, as well as doing damage to the crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Raiding Party is a stupid card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking out her ship HAS to be your initial priority, first and foremost, or you WILL get overwhelmed with so many cards coming out. After that, focus on keeping her crew in check and take potshots at La Capitan when she's all alone.

It also helps to have a Hero who can nuke Ongoings or the backlash from her "Maria's Revenge" card can quickly decimate your party during crowd control. Deck manipulation can be key as well for preemptively discarding "Raiding Party" or even burying at the bottom of the Villain deck.

Honestly, though, sometimes the cards just don't come out in your favor, either, which can happen with any Villain. She's certainly not impossible.

Good luck! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't help when you draw Raiding Party on the first turn and again on the second turn. LC can be brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Removing the ship is a priority except that it have 15 HP wich isn't casual effort AND that he can popup right back at full HP depending on the luck of the draw.

The crew cards have too much HP and can pop back too. Check her minions against thoses of the General Vors and you Will see she's really underated at 2.

The game is supposed to be balanced for 4 heroes with a lot of variety. Against her you CANT pick your team at random. You really need the perfect setup wich shouldn't be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.