Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the mission, you may be able to search certain areas to get more. Also, some Event cards will give you more (but not much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sais
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks, it's also what I figured.

I played a two player game and my biotech ran out of ammo for his shotgun. He all of a sudden became useless and we were quickly over run by aliens.

Not even his healing abilities could overcome the onslaught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also at least one device and a skill that provide ammo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out very quickly that although a lot of the devices look awesome, Medkits and Ammo Magazines are almost always the better choice. Running out of ammo can be disastrous, and having a Medkit can be the difference between guaranteed death for an agent and being able to escape by the skin of their teeth, despite bad luck in dice rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
ezra40k wrote:

My weapon has run out of ammo.

How do I acquire more?

While it may not be much help, acquiring an Improved or Alien weapon means it comes with a full ammo load.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
That is an issue I have found with smaller player games, that biotech is crucial, but I try to keep him away from combat, and use him for healing and support, and tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeyTheMadScientist wrote:
That is an issue I have found with smaller player games, that biotech is crucial, but I try to keep him away from combat, and use him for healing and support, and tasks.

but his area attack is just so good. And you already get so few attacks per round as it is, that choosing not to attack seems like a waste of a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I hear you. That's why I choose to deploy at least 4 agents to the field when I can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you. That's why I choose to deploy at least 4 agents to the field when I can

I actually find that the difference between 3 and 4 agents is where the difficulty level spikes. It really hard at 1 and 2. Easiest at 3. And then at 4 the difficulty just goes to a whole other level. I haven't played a 5 player game yet, but I can imagine it being ever tougher than 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:

I actually find that the difference between 3 and 4 agents is where the difficulty level spikes. It really hard at 1 and 2. Easiest at 3. And then at 4 the difficulty just goes to a whole other level. I haven't played a 5 player game yet, but I can imagine it being ever tougher than 4.

Why is there a sudden spike in difficulty with 4 players (vs 3)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
While with more agents you get more action between the event cards, most event cards teleport new signals / aliens dependent on number of agents. I think it scales difficulty quite good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:

From my experience, I've noticed that it is fairly common for there to be 3 aliens on the board at the end of any given round. So if you have only 3, many of the event cards won't teleport any new aliens in. With 4 players, when there are 3 aliens, you get more teleports...basically every single event that can teleport an alien, will. Unless you are already swarmed.

Also, there is a really big difference when you consider that any given alien could potentially activate up to 4 times as opposed to 3. This is especially dangerous when dealing with range heavy aliens like the Beta's, where 2 activations could mean them getting into range 2 (and shooting) on the first then shooting twice on the second. Or having spine critters close in and attack on consecutive player turns.

Yeah, with 4 players you have 4 different player characters contributing, but I just don't feel like one more player activation is quite as deadly as one more alien activation. To me, its like playing a game where you roll a D10 and if you roll a 10, you lose, or in the case of GD, you're getting a round where all the aliens you don't want to activate actually do. Is it better to take 3 rolls or 4? The more rolls you take, the more likely it is that something will go wrong for the team.

Also, I feel like I'm not being 100% clear. When I say that 3 is the easiest, I'm not saying the game is a breeze at 3, rather, it is the least difficult. But its still a very good challenge where every action counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:

Aside from Hero_guy's previous points, a lot of the cards that straight up teleport signals no matter what cause 3 players to be the sweet spot. For instance, it's not uncommon to have a card that teleports 0 signals for one agent, 1 signal for two, 1 signal for three, and 2 signals for four.

Basically, one agent sees the fewest aliens, but has the hardest time killing the ones that do show up. Two agents typically see as many agents as three agents (I played my first few games with two agents, and it was brutal). Three agents see a decent amount of aliens, but they're also far more capable at killing them both because you have more firepower, and because you have much more flexibility thanks to fielding multiple classes.

Four agents get a sudden influx of more aliens, but that single extra agent isn't typically enough to offset the increased numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.