Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Apex Theropod Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is it just me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me being a pain or there are several grammar /spelling mistakes both in the KS and some of the cards showing text? I´m a backer by the way, just want to receive a good product...

For example: just do a quick find on the word "there" on the BGG introductory text (which is in part extracted from the KS) and you´ll see what I´m talking about...

Edit: looks like some changes were made to the BGG text, so the example above may not be the best anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a one man show, I am sure that the designer hasn't focused on tightening down such things quite yet.

No worries. The beta testers will help in cleaning up a lot of those errors.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't sweat that. HH is on a rampage getting the art done and everything else for the beta.

The text can always be proofed. The art on the otherhand, I can't contribute a thing. I think he's spending his time on the right things.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The typos and grammar stuff is FAR less than what I've seen in kickstarters from much larger companies. Based on his updates, he seems to be on top of it for the most part, and the typos on the cards are just that: typos. It would not hurt to point out the ones you found, but he is aware that a couple of the cards had issues and he told me (I asked about this weeks ago) they will be looked at.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think of it as playing Pokemon.

You gotta catch 'em all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragos_br wrote:
Is it just me being a pain or there are several grammar /spelling mistakes both in the KS and some of the cards showing text? I´m a backer by the way, just want to receive a good product...

For example: just do a quick find on the word "there" on the BGG introductory text (which is in part extracted from the KS) and you´ll see what I´m talking about...


I did notice this (the game play descriptions are quite grammatically awkward especially), but I'm assuming in the designer's favour that this is maybe not his strong suit, and that it will be sorted out by the many eyes going over it once things get closer to production. Having said that, I haven't backed yet, but I'm sorely tempted!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Rubi wrote:
dragos_br wrote:
Is it just me being a pain or there are several grammar /spelling mistakes both in the KS and some of the cards showing text? I´m a backer by the way, just want to receive a good product...

For example: just do a quick find on the word "there" on the BGG introductory text (which is in part extracted from the KS) and you´ll see what I´m talking about...


I did notice this (the game play descriptions are quite grammatically awkward especially), but I'm assuming in the designer's favour that this is maybe not his strong suit, and that it will be sorted out by the many eyes going over it once things get closer to production. Having said that, I haven't backed yet, but I'm sorely tempted!


I have to admit that it came across as 'less-than-professional' (all of the spelling and grammatical errors) and has had us hesitating backing. We still have a few hours to get over it and back, but that is mainly the reason we haven't yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
I have to admit that it came across as 'less-than-professional' (all of the spelling and grammatical errors) and has had us hesitating backing. We still have a few hours to get over it and back, but that is mainly the reason we haven't yet.


I'm concerned about the graphic design, myself. Will an outside designer be coming in to clean things up? I'm also curious whether blind playtesting has or will be done.

Dinos are awesome and I dig the art. I really want this for me and the kiddo. But I'm still on the fence (with a few hours to go, lol).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The gameplay videos sold me on it, especially for solo play. He is having outside playtesters, and I hope he will also get an editor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
I have to admit that it came across as 'less-than-professional' (all of the spelling and grammatical errors) and has had us hesitating backing. We still have a few hours to get over it and back, but that is mainly the reason we haven't yet.


Agreed on all counts--the art looks lovely, the game looks fun, but the spelling and grammar issues are holding me back.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:
eapeas wrote:
I have to admit that it came across as 'less-than-professional' (all of the spelling and grammatical errors) and has had us hesitating backing. We still have a few hours to get over it and back, but that is mainly the reason we haven't yet.


Agreed on all counts--the art looks lovely, the game looks fun, but the spelling and grammar issues are holding me back.


Well, there's only 2 hours left to pledge. I am willing to bet he get's an editor to fix the grammar and spelling, since the gameplay and art are already good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.