Subject: When exactly does treasure tokens on the tile turn into gp? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I know when the tile is cleared that the treasure tokens turn into gp, but when does that exactly happen? The reason I bring this up is because I ran into a situation when there were only three minions left on the tile and I was able to kill all of them in one attack. This would normally drop a treasure, but after killing those minions the tile is cleared...Did that last treasure instantly become gold? If so, that kind of sucks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pomander wrote:
So I know when the tile is cleared that the treasure tokens turn into gp, but when does that exactly happen? The reason I bring this up is because I ran into a situation when there were only three minions left on the tile and I was able to kill all of them in one attack. This would normally drop a treasure, but after killing those minions the tile is cleared...Did that last treasure instantly become gold? If so, that kind of sucks....

From everything I have read this is exactly what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
That is what happens.

But its easy enough to house-rule. I'm pretty sure I am going with a house-rule that if the last monster on a tile drops a treasure you gain that as treasure.

The intent of the rule is so you can't ignore all the treasure and pick it up after the tile is clear. Losing the treasure just because you left a captain till last is dumb and is outside of the intent of the rule imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
I would think it changes in the refresh and clean up phase. So you can kill 3 enemies and a treasure drops. If you have enough MP you could pick it up before the end of the HC. Thats how i plan to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
vazzucious wrote:
I would think it changes in the refresh and clean up phase. So you can kill 3 enemies and a treasure drops. If you have enough MP you could pick it up before the end of the HC. Thats how i plan to play.

"Treasure tokens not picked up before a Realm Tile is cleared are immediately turned into one Gold Coin per token." - quick reference

I'm not defending the rule, just stating it.

Your house-rule is pretty decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what happens if the player leave the tile before it's cleared? Do the treasures remain behind? Do they turn into 1gp when the subsequent tile is cleared? Or do they disappear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No official ruling that I've seen, but I would imagine if one comes out they would say the treasure is lost. But that is not based on any facts, only that they have said you gain no rewards from leaving a tile unclear. This could easily be an extension of that. Plus many things in this game only affect the tile you are currently on so I doubt they would give you the gp value for treasure left on another tile. But I've been wrong before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
rahdo wrote:
Out of curiosity, what happens if the player leave the tile before it's cleared? Do the treasures remain behind? Do they turn into 1gp when the subsequent tile is cleared? Or do they disappear?

Well, since treasure only turn to GP when the tile is clear - they would simply stay there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
rahdo wrote:

Well, since treasure only turn to GP when the tile is clear - they would simply stay there.

Well the tile will be clear in a turn or two after the monsters walk off. Or what is the definition of a clear tile, actually? I would have thought it was just "monsters dead or gone", but maybe quest has to be completed too, or trap has to be defeated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
rahdo wrote:

My interpretation... If there are roaming monsters (but nothing else) left behind on the tile, and those monsters follow the heroes to the new tile, then I'd say as soon as they are gone the old tile is clear and any treasures on the old tile immediately turn to gold.

But then, since the cleared tile should then be removed if all the heroes have moved on, that gold is lost. The only way I'd see this not happening is if some member of the party not being attacked by the monsters remained behind (maybe far away/low threat?), while the monsters followed the rest of the party off the tile. Then that last hero could pick up the gold before rejoining everyone else.

If there's a stationary object on the old tile, like an active lair, then the old tile is not clear and the treasures remain in place until/unless the heroes return to clear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Steely
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

Well the tile will be clear in a turn or two after the monsters walk off. Or what is the definition of a clear tile, actually? I would have thought it was just "monsters dead or gone", but maybe quest has to be completed too, or trap has to be defeated?

After reading Kenny's posts on the Megacon games forum, it looks like a title is considered clear the moment there are no monsters, lairs, and all traps have been disarmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weyrbrat wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
rahdo wrote:

My interpretation... If there are roaming monsters (but nothing else) left behind on the tile, and those monsters follow the heroes to the new tile, then I'd say as soon as they are gone the old tile is clear and any treasures on the old tile immediately turn to gold.

But then, since the cleared tile should then be removed if all the heroes have moved on, that gold is lost. The only way I'd see this not happening is if some member of the party not being attacked by the monsters remained behind (maybe far away/low threat?), while the monsters followed the rest of the party off the tile. Then that last hero could pick up the gold before rejoining everyone else.

If there's a stationary object on the old tile, like an active lair, then the old tile is not clear and the treasures remain in place until/unless the heroes return to clear it.

But what about quests tied to the old tile and traps? Presumably they keep the tile "active" as well...

Also, you could have a case where an old monsters gets 'stuck' by a trap like falling ceiling that prevents them from being able to leave the tile. I guess in that case, treasure would stick around forever, as would the tile (and all subsequent tiles since that can't be removed)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallace MacBix
msg tools
rahdo wrote:
weyrbrat wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
rahdo wrote:

But what about quests tied to the old tile and traps? Presumably they keep the tile "active" as well...

Also, you could have a case where an old monsters gets 'stuck' by a trap like falling ceiling that prevents them from being able to leave the tile. I guess in that case, treasure would stick around forever, as would the tile (and all subsequent tiles since that can't be removed)...

While not stated, I'd assume since the Heroes are killed if a path is blocked so are the Monsters? Or you can presume that eventually the rocks falling down would kill it.

Also not clearing a tile makes setting up the new one trickier. When you set up the Treasure Limit, say if there were say 3 enemies left on the previous title with at least 1 un-pop'ed treasure, do you take that into account. If you killed those 3 enemies in one attack after revealing the new tile does the treasure come from its original source or does it take it from the new one?

I think I remember reading that you'd lose it and it would count against the new tile's limit, but I'm only 80% sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FALCN120 wrote:
Also not clearing a tile makes setting up the new one trickier. When you set up the Treasure Limit, say if there were say 3 enemies left on the previous title with at least 1 un-pop'ed treasure, do you take that into account. If you killed those 3 enemies in one attack after revealing the new tile does the treasure come from its original source or does it take it from the new one?

I think I remember reading that you'd lose it and it would count against the new tile's limit, but I'm only 80% sure.

I'd say that the treasure pop should count for whichever tile it popped on, regardless of where the monsters originated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.