Doctor Who: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: our 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Akaru Vailen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
my wife n I just got this game and were able to play it with just the two of us. we tried with the 3 card pass, but it seemed to limit what we could do each turn and the same cards kept getting swapped. 2nd game, we tried swapping just 1 card and it allowed us to each do a lot more per turn AND hit the end game trigger. we're gonna try swapping 2 next, but I think the 1 swap will be best.

there are a few cards that are wonky for two, but here's how we compensated:
- starting locations = each got two (highest still goes 1st)
- chameleon arch = you can change the target of you're opponent's attack to a different location you own(ie a better defended location, or one with or without a tardis token).
- darvos = you can move a dalek attack from one of your locations to one of your opponent's and combine him with the attack. (basically they get bored and move on to the next planet) you do not get a tardis token for "freeing" your location, as the doctor wasn't the reason they left.
- cyberking = see davros, but for cybermen.

we had fun and got to the end of game phase. I ended up winning by dalek token, but we were down to the last 12 cards in the deck. with the three card swap, we barely got through 30-50 cards before the tokens were used up, because there just wasn't enough "in hand" to remove any higher value enemies from locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.