Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what are everyones thoughts on a storage solution for the game? A plano box seemed like an obvious choice but I havent seen one with enough compartments to hold each different die let along be able to hold the cards as well. I was thinking of making custom tuckboxes for each character and having it hold the cards and dice for each character/action/sidekick in each one. Would need a big enough box to hold all of the tuckboxes then though.

A storage solution for my personal tournament ready playset seems alot easier to handle, Im kinda stuck trying to think of a good solution for the entire game itself. What have you guys come up with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to use a spare Quarriors expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:

Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to use a spanish Scrabble Version's box. I never play it, so I'll put the letters and the board somewhere else. Good thing about it: it comes with 2 cloth bags (for the letters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at this one. Not sure how much it would hold though.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-1354-4-By-System-Tackle/dp/B000E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon M
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Plano 3500 trays that come in it, I'm not sure if it'll be enough if you are looking to give each dice type a separate compartment. It looks like each of the 4 Planos can be divided into up to 9 compartments each, for a total of 36. That means some fellas and ladies will have to bunk together.

Which, frankly, would lead to trouble:

"Hulk, did you drink the last of my milk?"
"Hulk no drink Dr. Strange's milk. Hulk good roommate. Hulk buy Stephen some Chinese food."

That sort of thing would get old, so, if you want everyone to have their own milk, then I would make sure to get a few more compartments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroeo wrote:
I was looking at this one. Not sure how much it would hold though.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-1354-4-By-System-Tackle/dp/B000E...

I don't know, this seems excessive. Or maybe you're just being optimistic. I don't know, I like to keep things as compact as possible. I am psyched though that I'll be able to put 1 and maybe even 2 full tournament teams in a regular sized Ultra-Pro Deck Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im going to use these http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/190598

2 of them should be enough space to hold all the dice and cards sleeved. Cant get more compact than that. PLus they all fit in my old 90's xmen action figure display box.

I just want to get some more of those little bags that quarriors base game came with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
msg tools
mb
Binders of dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to use little plastic baggies:

These ones are a little small for four dice, so I'll get some slightly larger ones so the dice aren't quite so snug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm debating using my thunderstone advanced box. Separate all the like cardsand have the dice divide them. I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking "snack" size ziplock bags. They should be able to hold some dice and cards together. I can then put the bags in a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Lucas
United States
Bruce Twp
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
emmatig wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

Me too

Funny I was thinking of ordering Quarmageddon because I want the insert for Dice Masters.

The expansion was pretty low on my wishlist, but it has now moved up a few places

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still needs tweaking on image placement but its looking great I think:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet! IS that the same as the dragon shield ones I posted. I bought the dragon shield 4 compartments boxes to do the same thing.

Also how did you ad the image on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so. Packaging was ultra pro- possible same brand? Got it from my local comic shop today (had picked up two more just like previously for fortune & glory).

The image measures 3" x 8" and actually fits inside the lid with the image facing out. I plan to tape it on the edges...or possibly mod podge. Not sure how messy that would be despite it drying clear.

Going with a different image as the one above couldn't fit the dimensions without it get cropped off...so I found the same face off pic they used on the starter box in a horizontal format. Pic coming tomorrow.

Now to find some dice bags...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
I believe so. Packaging was ultra pro- possible same brand? Got it from my local comic shop today (had picked up two more just like previously for fortune & glory).

The image measures 3" x 8" and actually fits inside the lid with the image facing out. I plan to tape it on the edges...or possibly mod podge. Not sure how messy that would be despite it drying clear.

Going with a different image as the one above couldn't fit the dimensions without it get cropped off...so I found the same face off pic they used on the starter box in a horizontal format. Pic coming tomorrow.

Now to find some dice bags...

cool. yeah the dragon shield ones are basically the same. I was planning on ordering some of those. Does your fit sleeved cards in it well?

also did you just print off that image. I know it is a cover from the avx mini series "VS" but i was thinking of printing it onto a sticker but putting it underneath the lid might be better as it will eliminate the ware on the image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of using the Plano 5231, at least for starters. 27 spaces on top, 28+ spaces in the main compartment, and a large enough space to store a deckbox for the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned in an earlier thread I created about this that I found a picture on the Quarriors page that I really liked the storage solution for:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1134443/the-big-question...

I asked the user where they got them from and was able to purchase them here: http://www.harborfreight.com/24-container-storage-box-90243....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
I mentioned in an earlier thread I created about this that I found a picture on the Quarriors page that I really liked the storage solution for:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1134443/the-big-question...

I asked the user where they got them from and was able to purchase them here: http://www.harborfreight.com/24-container-storage-box-90243....

I found these at a local Menards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Does your fit sleeved cards in it as well?

Sadly no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my updated box:

Question though--this will work for the dice and cards but do you plan to use the playmat that comes in the rulebook or using the printed roll up mat I spotted in the image gallery($20)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
Here's my updated box:

Question though--this will work for the dice and cards but do you plan to use the playmat that comes in the rulebook or using the printed roll up mat I spotted in the image gallery($20)?

Not sure I understand the question. But if it helps / anouys you, the dragon shield boxes are slightly bigger and can fit cards that are sleeved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring to the square space you place the dice on that features the ready area, draw pile, etc. you can't play the game without it correct? I mean you could but it'd get confusing with all the separate dice piles. I was going to print it from the rulebook and mount it to foam core like in the play thru video I saw--but it'd be nice to have it all fit in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
I'm referring to the square space you place the dice on that features the ready area, draw pile, etc. you can't play the game without it correct? I mean you could but it'd get confusing with all the separate dice piles. I was going to print it from the rulebook and mount it to foam core like in the play thru video I saw--but it'd be nice to have it all fit in one box.

O ic. Well I plan to keep all my four compartment boxs inside a larder box, that way i can hold my large playmat and dicebags in the same spot as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.