Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1=yes, and, after you destroy it in mission 1, the fire counter blocks LOS also.

Larry got 2 already. Range is area for everyone. About the only time single hexes are used is with agent movement I believe.

Oh, and just in case, don't do what we did, and take the helper card as literal. You only do the event phase after all agents have taken their battle phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agent,

1) No, Teleport Points do NOT block L.O.S., as any other tokens...
The yellow/black patter on the tokens is just "flavour" graphic and is not the same of the Blocking Hex Side of any map or map overlay.
I'm sorry for this issue, it's strange cause this misunderstanding was never
happen during the Alpha and Beta phase to our beta-testers, now i'm starting to feel that is better to change the token frame pattern in order to avoid it.

2) Weapon's range is in areas.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, played our first game today and this was one of many errors we made, but I think it also had the biggest impact. Those black/yellow border on the teleporter tiles wasn't the best choice indeed...

Speaking of which the flame marker from destroyed teleporters in mission 1 then also doesn't block LOS?

We played both block movement and LOS because of said border on tiles cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moppelkotze wrote:
Speaking of which the flame marker from destroyed teleporters in mission 1 then also doesn't block LOS?

You are correct; flames do not block LOS, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do figures, friendly or enemy, block LOS?

Edit: Found answer after extensive search, figures don't block LOS... Sheesh, we played a lot of LOS and movement rules wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
it may happens during the first play.

By the way, in order to avoid this type of errors, each expansion will contain also the old tokens without the "yellow/black" pattern.

Hope it will help.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I call caring for your fans. Replacing a functionally working item just for more clarity/consistency
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's a very cool thing to do.

Its funny though, my first play through, I played that the teleport tokens didn't block LoS, so like the game testers, I didn't find any issue with it and played it correctly. I think its all about attention to detail though. If you are only looking for colors, the teleport tokens will look like blocking. If you are looking for color and pattern, then the tokens will not be blocking. And I've played a few board games that had similar looking tokens/symbols so I always look for exact match or an example picture that shows multiples of similar tokens being treated as the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.