Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, Just a few questions that have come up as we've been playing and I'd like to hear a general idea on what way they should be played/scored.

1. Quest: Diplomatic Mission to Suzail: Reward is that you can take a Quest at Cliffwatch Inn, you immediately take it and place it with your other completed Quests..
- My question, does the player score the rewards from this quest that they take from Cliffwatch or is it merely just the benefit of the potential extra points for that extra quest that might work with their Lord card?

2. In the case of a plot quest where it states that as a reward you get an additional *x*VP for each quest type, are those counted **only** from that point or are they tallied with the total quests at the end of the game? Basically, If I get one in round 8 that says I get extra points for skullduggery quests, do I get points for all of my previous ones or just the ones going forward?

3. Quest: Establish Harpers Safehouse: Reward 8VP and score 2VP for each building you control.
- My question, does this score just at the point of completing the quest, or is it scored at the end of the game?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I believe this is a skullport card which I haven't played
2. I played that they only count from that point on. So that they are far more advantageous to play earlier rather than later
3. At the point of completing the quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome, thank s for the reply. so How would you keep track of the second part there? try to remember to add the extra points on each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I don't recall that card - are you sure you have its description correct as I don't understand what it is doing.

Plot Quests that give you 2vp for a particular quest type eg warfare. Only work for quests you complete after you have completed the plot quest - no benefit for previous quests completed ie. you want to get them out early.

2. 2 points for number of buildings controlled when you complete the quest ie a good one to hold until late in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3adkl0wn wrote:
awesome, thank s for the reply. so How would you keep track of the second part there? try to remember to add the extra points on each time?

Yes, you need to remember to take plot quest bonuses when you earn them. Usually pretty easy as you will tend to focus on them a bit anyway - but not unheard of to forget these bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I edited that description, I copied it from the rule book appendix but it wasn't really making sense..

Basically that card says, Reward: xVP and take a face up quest from cliffwatch and place it with your completed quests.

so I'm wondering if I also get teh rewards from that quest as well, or just the bonus of another potential quest to score at the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't get the vp from the new quest, you just get the bonus of getting a new quest without having to go to the inn

EDIT: sorry, ignore the above, you don't get the vp from the card, but you get the chance for extra vp according to the bonus of your lord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my thought.

Thanks so much for your help, all of you. I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3adkl0wn wrote:

You leave them face-up in front of you, so hopefully you or someone will remember.

As for #1, here's what it does: At the end of every turn, you can spend resources to complete a quest you already have as normal. However, if you have enough resources to complete any quest in Cliffwatch Inn, you can spend the resources to complete one of those instead. If you do so you get all benefit as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
You leave them face-up in front of you, so hopefully you or someone will remember.

Makes sense, though I can't imagine wanting to aid your rivals by reminding them haha

SlebRittie wrote:
As for #1, here's what it does: At the end of every turn, you can spend resources to complete a quest you already have as normal. However, if you have enough resources to complete any quest in Cliffwatch Inn, you can spend the resources to complete one of those instead. If you do so you get all benefit as normal.

the quest in #1 isn't a plot quest, so I don't think it has any continuing effect. It also doesn't say that I have to complete the quest I take from cliffwatch, it just says take it and place it with my completed quests. I'm assuming I just take one and that is all, it's just a bonus quest that might gain me VP at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3adkl0wn wrote:
the quest in #1 isn't a plot quest, so I don't think it has any continuing effect. It also doesn't say that I have to complete the quest I take from cliffwatch, it just says take it and place it with my completed quests. I'm assuming I just take one and that is all, it's just a bonus quest that might gain me VP at the end.

You're misreading it; it is a Plot Quest. Here's the full text of Diplomatic Mission to Suzail:

Quote:
Requires: 3 Cleric, 3 Fighter, 3 Gold
Reward: 10VP. You can complete face-up [Q] at Cliffwatch Inn as though they were active quests

So you can't do anything the same turn you complete it unless you got around the 1 quest/turn limitation in some way (e.g. Heroes' Garden). On future turns, you can complete a face-up quest in the Inn instead of one from your Active Quests. You can't use this quest to take a quest without completing it; if you want a quest but don't have the resources for it yet, you'll have find a way to get it from Cliffwatch as usual.

There are several quests in the base game that take one quest, and one in Undermountain that lets you take all face-up quests from Cliffwatch at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chrishall20 wrote:
You don't get the vp from the new quest, you just get the bonus of getting a new quest without having to go to the inn

EDIT: sorry, ignore the above, you don't get the vp from the card, but you get the chance for extra vp according to the bonus of your lord.

What if it's a plot quest; do you get it's benefits as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no, but without looking at the card I can't be too sure.

(Goes to get card...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted the exact wording in my last post. You complete the quest, so you would get all benefits you would normally get for completing a quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brockerville
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess I was totally misreading, I went and got the card after seeing what you posted because it really didn't seem like that was something I would have issue understanding. odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3adkl0wn wrote:
Yeah I guess I was totally misreading, I went and got the card after seeing what you posted because it really didn't seem like that was something I would have issue understanding. odd.

My best guess is you looked at Establish Temple to Ibrandul and got your wires crossed.

Quote:
Requires: 3 Cleric, 4 Rogue, 5 Gold
Reward: 11VP, 1 Cleric, 1 Fighter, 1 Rogue, 1 Wizard, and take all [Q] from Cliffwatch Inn

That one just lets you take all the face-up quests to complete on future turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.