7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: 7 Wonders - Storage Solution - Including Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oskar 10101
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
The original inlay for 7 Wonders is actually quite nice, and could have been designed to fit the expansions nicely, but in its current form it doesn't as the additional boards start sticking out.

So made this. It stores the base, Leaders, Cities, Wonder pack in the base box. The lid closes normally, i.e. not not elevated.

Included are a box to hold the boards (with a loose elevation underneath the boards), a square box which includes a box to hold the tokens and underneath that a box for the score cards, and a box for the cards. Apart from the token box all others can be taken out as well if needed.

Used cardboard 1mm thick, thick white paper 250gr, black paper 120gramms, glue, lineal, sharp knife, scissors. The boxes are made from 1mm cardboard. The inlay for the tokens consists of 4 individual small boxes. These were made with the 250gr paper glued together with 1mm cardboard in between them to get the sturdy feel. The connecting sides between these 4 inlay boxes is then covered by 250gr paper (flap). The outside was covered with the black paper, which also brings further structural strength to a box.

For the other storage solutions I made see my geeklist:
Collection of Paper Boardgame Inserts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Borthwick
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look good but have you tried foam core? It's an excellent material for building inserts that has amazing versatility. Universal Head has crafted some masterpieces that beggar belief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the clean look, but when I made a foamcore insert, I wanted a more complete solution...

http://clevermove.tumblr.com/post/75161308007/apollocontinuu...

Looking at babel, I think I'll have to reevaluate storage if I want everything to be in the same box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim W
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phenomenally well done! I like that it looks so professional, much nicer looking than foamcore imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.