Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very happy to see another expansion for this game....but the base game and the one expansion barely fit into the base game box. PLEASE make this expansion a larger box so everything will fit comfortably!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have trouble getting base + first expansion into base box, your Tetris-fu is lacking, grasshopper . I've done easily and with sleeved cards to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
If you have trouble getting base + first expansion into base box, your Tetris-fu is lacking, grasshopper . I've done easily and with sleeved cards to boot.

I did say that the base game and the first expansion barely fit into one box. My cards are sleeved, in addition all my components are bagged individually as well as each team deck is bagged separately too ... I have to place everything just right to have the lid down completely and level.

Zero room for another expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
easye1982 wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

I did say that the base game and the first expansion barely fit into one box. My cards are sleeved, in addition all my components are bagged individually as well as each team deck is bagged separately too ... I have to place everything just right to have the lid down completely and level.

Zero room for another expansion.

I'm with Rauli. I have both games, sleeved, in the base game box, with room to spare. And that includes a couple plastic deck boxes from Plano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
easye1982 wrote:
in addition all my components are bagged individually

This is where you went wrong, you've stuffed the box with baggies. If you can't get more than one component in each bag then buy bigger bags and use one for each group, or just lump them all in one bag. That should free up some space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
easye1982 wrote:

This is where you went wrong, you've stuffed the box with baggies. If you can't get more than one component in each bag then buy bigger bags and use one for each group, or just lump them all in one bag. That should free up some space.

I do that with all my games. It makes set up and break down easy to create "starting set up" player bags. No looking for bits here and there just grab a bag and go.

I only am forced to throw caution to the wind and undo all my hard work invested in organizing when the box is no longer large enough to hold everything the way I would like it. Which sadly it seems might become the case here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easye1982 wrote:
True_Dave wrote:
easye1982 wrote:

I do that with all my games. It makes set up and break down easy to create "starting set up" player bags. No looking for bits here and there just grab a bag and go.

I only am forced to throw caution to the wind and undo all my hard work invested in organizing when the box is no longer large enough to hold everything the way I would like it. Which sadly it seems might become the case here.

Some things are easy to combine: I have 3 bags for player cards, one for each league. 1 bag for staff upgrades, 1 bag for team upgrades. 1 bag for highlights and tournaments. Just about everything else is in it's own bag.

Every time we play I think "there must be a better way to store this," but so far I have not found one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Every time we play I think "there must be a better way to store this," but so far I have not found one.

I couldn't agree more. I don't mind the smaller boxes, I just wish when multiple expansions are released for a game, please release the expansion in a larger box.

Quarriors has done a great job in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
easye1982 wrote:
True_Dave wrote:
easye1982 wrote:

Yep I was being tongue in cheek; your statement reads like each ball token, each team token and each cheating token had it's own individual bag which most definitely wouldn't make set up and break down easier. It was a poor joke... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got teams bagged individually, and everything else in appropiate groups... and theres lots of space in the box. In fact i keep the box of the first expansion in, so components do not move along all the way XD.
And, BTW, i can keep the retired components (old balls, "ilegal" training cards, etc...) inside the expansion box, so everything is in the core box.
No problem with space yet ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
easye1982 wrote:
True_Dave wrote:
easye1982 wrote:

Yep I was being tongue in cheek; your statement reads like each ball token, each team token and each cheating token had it's own individual bag which most definitely wouldn't make set up and break down easier. It was a poor joke... shake

I gotcha, I totally missed the emphasis on your one component. Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike probably others, I've even kept the insert for now. Flipped it over, but the insert's still in the box and still no issues getting current stuff in the base box. Tossing insert would free up even more room, certainly enough for at least one three team expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szabó Tamás
Hungary
Pomáz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same for me. I flipped the insert and love the way every thing is nice and cozy in it with the cards in baggies and all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I keep the game + expansion in the small expansion box only.
Left only the manual and 2 fan-tables out, because we play mostly 2p games. The lid is a little bit lifted but it's so damn portable now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
This box is 7.5"x5"x1.5", so it's not holding much of anything aside from what's already in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
This box is 7.5"x5"x1.5", so it's not holding much of anything aside from what's already in it.

Thanks for the intel Eric. And now I'm off to figure out a way to make it all fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this (original base game box) after I got the Sudden Death expansion. I estimated how much space the new cards and components will take up, I am positive the Foul Play expansion will fit in, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.