Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a player wants to Prepare or Rest, must he decide to do so before he rolls? I.e. if you roll and don't get a good number for moving, you can't then decide to Prepare or Rest, right?

2. If you "fail" your roll, and the Boss Monster is already in the Tomb, does the Boss Monster get to choose either of the numbers you rolled? For example, you roll 1 and 5, neither of which you can use to move. Therefore the Boss Monster can use either the 1 or 5 to move.

3. If the grail player moves into the same room as the non-grail player, either because he chooses to or is forced to, can the non-grail player just attack on his next turn? If so, does the non-grail player still roll for Boss Monster movement, and the Boss Monster can use either number rolled?

4. If you Prepare or Rest next to an Encounter Room, are you sucked into the room?

5. If you roll all heads or tails, and you use Audacity to adjust the number, is there another number for the Boss Monster to use? For example, I have 5 pennies and roll 5 heads, but I need a 4. I spend one Audacity to make the heads = 4. Since I still don't have any tails, the Boss Monster can't move this turn, right?

6. If I gain a 7th penny from a Trap room, can I still roll a "natural 6" by rolling all 7 heads or tails)? If I only have 5 pennies (as the grail player), can I roll a "natural 6" by rolling all 5 heads or tails?

7. Can I move onto the Portal room, but choose to not use it on my next turn (i.e. just roll to move out to an adjacent room)?

8. All Encounter rooms trigger on the player's next turn, right? This is how it was explain in the tutorial video, but it's not explicit in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
1. If a player wants to Prepare or Rest, must he decide to do so before he rolls? I.e. if you roll and don't get a good number for moving, you can't then decide to Prepare or Rest, right?

You do Not get a Move action if you take a Prepare or Rest Action. Each player only gets 1 action per turn. You must roll after the prepare or rest action for the Boss Monster ONLY if he has spawned. (The only action that seems like more than 1 action is the Move onto the Grail Player, which automatically initiates combat)

2. If you "fail" your roll, and the Boss Monster is already in the Tomb, does the Boss Monster get to choose either of the numbers you rolled? For example, you roll 1 and 5, neither of which you can use to move. Therefore the Boss Monster can use either the 1 or 5 to move.

Yes. If at anytime a player does not move, the boss monster gets a choice of either number on the roll. Just like the Rest or Prepare Action. Moving out of a Trap/Monster Room counts as well. When you roll the 5 or 6, that number counts as your move to any of the ajacent room squares. Then the Boss would get a 1 or a NOTHING. A roll of 6 allows you to move to any space adjacent to you and also gets you an audacity! Also remember, anytime you steal the grail from a player, that player loses their next move to "Regain" their lost penny and "Rest" Remember to roll for the Boss Monster!

3. If the grail player moves into the same room as the non-grail player, either because he chooses to or is forced to, can the non-grail player just attack on his next turn? If so, does the non-grail player still roll for Boss Monster movement, and the Boss Monster can use either number rolled?

Yes, if at Anytime the Non-Grail player moves into or BEGINS their turn in the room with the Grail, they must do combat with that player. The combat roll does not count as a move roll and therefore the Boss Monster must still be rolled for and then gets to move on either number. If they suceed in the Stealing of the grail, after the grail player loses the grail and regains their penny, and the boss monster has been rolled for AGAIN, they get to move away with the grail on that upcoming turn.

4. If you Prepare or Rest next to an Encounter Room, are you sucked into the room?

NO, you may only be sucked into the room if you fail a movement roll. But you still most roll for the monster.

5. If you roll all heads or tails, and you use Audacity to adjust the number, is there another number for the Boss Monster to use? For example, I have 5 pennies and roll 5 heads, but I need a 4. I spend one Audacity to make the heads = 4. Since I still don't have any tails, the Boss Monster can't move this turn, right?

Audacity does not change the actual pennies... it only changes the Number of the Outcome. The boss monster will use the Original Number rolled opposite of what you've chosen. The Audacity adds an Imaginary Different number or Subtracts from the Number created by the pennies.But does not alter the pennies themselves. Use the original number rolled.

6. If I gain a 7th penny from a Trap room, can I still roll a "natural 6" by rolling all 7 heads or tails)? If I only have 5 pennies (as the grail player), can I roll a "natural 6" by rolling all 5 heads or tails?

If you roll AT LEAST 6 on 7 pennies You rolled a natural 6.. you may roll a natural 6 bonus with 7 as well... also You NEVER get a natural 6 bonus with 5 pennies as the grail player.

7. Can I move onto the Portal room, but choose to not use it on my next turn (i.e. just roll to move out to an adjacent room)?

You may move into a portal room with any number rolled... however if you DO move into the portal room you MUST use it.. alternatively if you fail to use it.. you may not use it again.

8. All Encounter rooms trigger on the player's next turn, right? This is how it was explain in the tutorial video, but it's not explicit in the rulebook.

yes each of the Encounter rooms basically trap you just like the boss monster. You roll to MOVE out of the room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.