Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
http://asachitose.com/Page22.html

Does anyone know much about this program and its import?

I have an opportunity to attend the 2014 induction program as a guest.

I understand all the typical jokes that can apply, regarding intelligence and military in the same sentence.

Going to this may preclude a tentative trip to Consim world, unfortunately the dates don't overlap in Arizona.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Lewis
United States
West Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
designer
Victory By Any Means
badge
"Fear God and Dread Nought"
mbmbmbmbmb
How many more opportunities to go to an event like this do you anticipate receiving? There will always be another Consimworld next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a DAC and work at Huachuca.

It is a big deal to members of the MI community.

PM me and I can get you a POC if you have questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have thought "Fame" was the least desired quality in the intelligence business. The greatest successes are the ones no one ever realized took place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
I would have thought "Fame" was the least desired quality in the intelligence business. The greatest successes are the ones no one ever realized took place.

Hm, the inductees all seem to be retired (or in one case, dead for more than 100 years...). I guess fame won't hurt you then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
aiabx wrote:

Well..exactly, but this is apparently a big deal for those involved and with the once in a life time opportunity I think I should go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
Kev, you should go. The contacts will be invaluable. I think you'll be able to transcend the usual monikers/jokes/etc., regarding the military intelligence community. You are not likely to get this sort of invitation again, whereas you can always go to CONSIMWORLD EXPO.

Admittedly, I am biased as a military intelligence professional (at least in my past life). But I'm also a grognard, so I'd hope my advice carries some weight. You'll come away with a lot of learning/knowledge--some of it good, some it not so good. But all will be worth the trip.

Regards,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.