Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dunaiski
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's all about the periods on this card.

"You may play an extra minion and an extra action this turn. Draw 2 cards. Place this card on the bottom of your deck instead of your discard pile."

Do you have to decide if you want to play an extra action and minion before you draw the 2 cards, or do you draw the 2 cards, then play the extra action and minion, then draw your 2 cards to end your turn?

How do you play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Riggs
Netherlands
Kerkrade
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
Hadouken
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we did it, was to draw the cards first and then play the possible extra minion/action.

Because the card says you may play an extra minion and/or action this turn. That can be anytime during your turn. Then it instructs you to draw (and that is immediately)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Extra cards can be played whenever you want as long as they weren't gained via a special action.

Yeah it's a pretty awesome card. It's basically "Take 2 turns in a row" and is one of the Shining treasures in the Time Traveler's deck whom, I'm not going to lie, have struck me as the "underwhelming" faction of SDFD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Snart
msg tools
Yep, my guess is you have to decide first. Card text clearly make you draw AFTER you deal with extra action/minion (example: Sprout). Playing them after drawing sounds like cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Extra: Normally,
you can play
one minion and
one action each
turn. A card that
lets you play an
extra minion or
action lets you play
an additional card of that type
during that turn. You don’t have
to play the extra card right away,
unless the extra card was gained
by a Special ability.

Time Walk is not a Special card ergo you can draw your 2 cards before using your extra plays and even play the cards you drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I think one of the reasons for the periods as well is so that you pick up the two cards before putting Time Walk on the bottom of your deck. If the order didn't matter, then if you had one card left in your deck you could play Time Walk and pick it back up to replay it. That being said, if you have three cards in your deck you'll end up getting it next turn anyway. Regarding the original question I would be inclined to agree with J. Unless specials are involved you can play the extra whenever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Extra cards can be played whenever you want as long as they weren't gained via a special action.

Yeah it's a pretty awesome card. It's basically "Take 2 turns in a row" and is one of the Shining treasures in the Time Traveler's deck whom, I'm not going to lie, have struck me as the "underwhelming" faction of SDFD.

I've been saying this everywhere, I had a feeling you'd agree when you got the expansion. If only Time Walk stayed in the discard or Repeater Perfect put the action in your hand, they could have synergized so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
posterchild21 wrote:
If only Time Walk stayed in the discard or Repeater Perfect put the action in your hand, they could have synergized so much better.

Well if Time Walk stayed in the discard... You could then Time Walk --> It's Astounding for 4 cards and two extra minion plays. Although there are probably combos in the game that are more broken than that, that's still a pretty crazy move. Then if you had two Repeater Perfects you could get them both back and do it again the next turn.

What I've noticed is that with some clever moves, and two time raiders, you could cycle through the same two actions over and over if you're at the very end of your deck. Imagine getting It's Astounding and Take the Shinies over and over? You could force your opponents to ditch four cards each turn until they have no cards left. Although people claim that Time Raiders absolutely suck, if you can get to the bottom of your deck, there's some amazing things that can be done with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Snart
msg tools
After your clarification i now have difficulties with playing "Change Of Venue". What is correct way to play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Riggs
Netherlands
Kerkrade
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
Hadouken
mbmbmbmbmb
"Place one of your actions that is on a base or minion into your hand. Play it again as an extra action."

You choose 1 action that is played by you on a base/minion, put it in your hand and then play it on any base/minion.

In this case (as far as i know), you have to play that action immediately because the card text instructs you to 'Play it again'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rixino wrote:
"Place one of your actions that is on a base or minion into your hand. Play it again as an extra action."

You choose 1 action that is played by you on a base/minion, put it in your hand and then play it on any base/minion.

In this case (as far as i know), you have to play that action immediately because the card text instructs you to 'Play it again'.

Actually, you do not have to play it immediately. You could do a minion first if you wanted. The difference is you MUST do it. Before your turn is over, you must play that action again on a base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John X
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
posterchild21 wrote:
allstar64 wrote:

I've been saying this everywhere, I had a feeling you'd agree when you got the expansion. If only Time Walk stayed in the discard or Repeater Perfect put the action in your hand, they could have synergized so much better.

Played a Wizards/Time Travellers game with my girlfriend, Once I found my Scry I was Time Walking every other turn or so (Get Time Walk, Repeater Perfect my Scry for next turn, then use both Time Walk and Scry to get Time Walk back for next turn, set up Scry on top again, etc.)

It was pretty awesome, and then once I'm at the end of my deck, I could just use Time Raiders to stop me from reshuffling so I could keep playing it without doing anything fancy, I think I managed 3 plays of it one turn (which then triggered the reshuffle that ruined it, but totally worth it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Johnorama wrote:

Played a Wizards/Time Travellers game with my girlfriend, Once I found my Scry I was Time Walking every other turn or so (Get Time Walk, Repeater Perfect my Scry for next turn, then use both Time Walk and Scry to get Time Walk back for next turn, set up Scry on top again, etc.)

It was pretty awesome, and then once I'm at the end of my deck, I could just use Time Raiders to stop me from reshuffling so I could keep playing it without doing anything fancy, I think I managed 3 plays of it one turn (which then triggered the reshuffle that ruined it, but totally worth it).

I debated playing this combo but then decided against it because it seemed like a ton of actions, extra minion plays and cards but nothing to do with them. Aside from Mass Enchantment, and those return minion in play cards, I can't off the top of my head think of useful actions for affecting opponents. Did the combo end up working well for you or was it just really painfully long turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John X
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhatAChamp wrote:
Johnorama wrote:

I debated playing this combo but then decided against it because it seemed like a ton of actions, extra minion plays and cards but nothing to do with them. Aside from Mass Enchantment, and those return minion in play cards, I can't off the top of my head think of useful actions for affecting opponents. Did the combo end up working well for you or was it just really painfully long turns?

A little bit of both, I think I end up winning but I don't remember, it was definitely close though. With just 2 player mass enchantment wasn't my go-to action, I was more often returning things to her hand and re-playing my minions to move them around where I wanted and break bases fast with the extra minion plays. The Jumpers surprisingly came in handy because I could get a lot of minion plays and they let those never go to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.