Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mage Knight Dungeons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trap and treasure tables to replace the treasure minis in this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I've just (re-) discovered this fun game, but have none of the goodies. Thanks to a number of industrious and generous users, much of the stuff needed to play is available. With the fantastic revised rules, cards, the piles of minis and dwarven forge dungeon goodies, I'm almost ready to go.

Except treasures and their respective traps.

Has anyone done a table or summary of treasure chests; the traps in the treasure lids, and the treasures therein? I'm assuming that the chests vary, that the distribution of stuff isn't constant across each chest. but something like this really nice table would be a great place to start:

which is from these rules:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/38921/mage-knight-dung...

I know I could probably track down a fistful of the treasure minis online, but I already have a bunch (that look nicer, too!) and I've also found that a lot of these clicky minis really deteriorate over time. I recall that some of the treasure chests I got years ago had the sticker loose, I can only imagine what they'd be like now! Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded a list of the ones I have handy to the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I have a complete set of treasure chests. But that's a tall order to enter all that data. Though I agree, having it available on paper would be handy and could probably do something like I did for the traps in chart form.

Guess I'll throw it on my ever increasing pile of things to do when I have spare time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
My dream is to use that data and put in an order for a set of print and play tokens (I have a few games I'd like to pimp out like this!) from Andrew Tullsen at print and play productions.

He has templates for 1" chipboard tokens, double sided, 70 to a sheet. If it works out, I'll post them here too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aloha Scott and all!
I think all the data for the treasure chests is already available in that old little software app, BattlePlanner, which is a free download.

Check out "Battle Planner 5" @ http://www.battleplanner.com

The app is pretty ancient and no longer updated/supported, but what do you want for the free version, lol? (the "demo" version is free...)

I don't have all the chests, but more than enough to supply the few times/year we play. And my daughter so HATES finding here hard-won treasure is nothing more than a TRAP! that our house rules dictate "No Tough Treasure Chests!" The chests were rated Standard & Tough, I believe... only Toughs had Traps.
If you're ever in Hawaii and have nothing better to do than play MKD, contact us!
Cheers,
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.