Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that after turn 7, all units below the mid-tide line are eliminated and infantry units count towards a catastrophic loss. I just want to confirm that the turn 7 units preparing to land in the early phase of turn 7 still land on the low-tide hexes. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambroz Podkoritnik
Slovenia
Velenje
Europe
flag msg tools
mb
Units on turn 7 lands in mid tide sector (landing phase).
At the end of turn 7, all units in low tide sector are eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should also never have any infantry units eliminated due to rising tide. That's what the preservation moves are there to prevent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
You should also never have any infantry units eliminated due to rising tide. That's what the preservation moves are there to prevent.

That is definitely true of mid-tide.

If you leave infantry units lingering at the base of the Eastern cliff instead of having them climb or move, those units would be in danger from the high tide and not have a valid preservation move available. Hopefully the times when you can't afford to spend an action on a cliff climb move are few and far between though.

The other areas have high tide hexes that can be reached via preservation moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

That doesn't imply that infantry units are allowed to make a preservation move onto the mid-tide hexes. Right? In doing so, they would receive increased fire from the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

That doesn't imply that infantry units are allowed to make a preservation move onto the mid-tide hexes. Right? In doing so, they would receive increased fire from the Germans.
I'm not sure I understand the question. German fire intensity has nothing to do with preservation moves, the only requirement is that you get towards a safe hexside.

Granger44 wrote:
If you leave infantry units lingering at the base of the Eastern cliff instead of having them climb or move, those units would be in danger from the high tide and not have a valid preservation move available. Hopefully the times when you can't afford to spend an action on a cliff climb move are few and far between though.
You are right John, I generalized without considering any exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.