Hide
5 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Athrogate whacker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bla blub
msg tools
The at will power reads:"attack 1 adjacent Monster. On a hit,each Monster adjacent to the attacked Monster takes 1 damage."

Does the Monster,which was attacked by Athrogate,takes 1 damage or only the adjacent Monster? What happens of i use whacker against a lonely monster without adjacent Monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card states the attack being made, in this case +6 Attack with 1 Damage. So it's still a normal attack, just with the added bonus of if it lands (i.e. you roll a D20, add 6, and if you get equal to or greater than the monster's AC), all adjacent monsters are also hit with 1 damage. So it's a mini area effect attack. Think of it like a "spin" move, or maybe a move where the Battlerager is shoving the monster into the other monsters, causing damage.

If there are no monsters adjacent to the target, the attack +6/1Dmg still works as a normal attack (i.e. if you hit, deal 1 damage to the monster).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bla blub
msg tools
Thx for help. So this little dwarf becomes a fierce fighter..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shnar's reply is game-mechanically correct, but the actual thematic element of the attack that damages adjacent monsters is an exploding substance in the Whacker.

"The right-hand morningstar, Whacker, coated itself with a clear, blue-gray and oily liquid known as oil of impact."
- http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Athrogate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, makes sense. Never read any of the Drizzt books, so don't know half the story behind the quests and powers

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.