Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars Miniatures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question about stealth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J E
msg tools
Relatively new to the game and still trying to get all the rules sorted. If a character with stealth has cover, they do not count as the nearest enemy and cannot be targeted. Does that mean that the 'nearest enemy' automatically differs to the next nearest character? And if so, can you target them if they have cover so long as they do not have stealth? Or, are you basically screwed out of attacking until you can get within 6 squares of one of them? (Assuming a character doesn't have Accurate Shot or something similar.)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You left out the part about being within 6 squares. That's important.

A character with Stealth does not count as the nearest enemy if they have cover and the attacker is more than 6 squares away. Since they do not count as the nearest enemy, another enemy will count as the nearest enemy instead. So, yes, it defers to the next nearest enemy. You can always target enemies who do not have cover (assuming no enemy is adjacent). You can target the nearest enemy even if they do have cover (unless they have Stealth).

(Cloaked is like Stealth without the 6 square restriction. 'Super Stealth' is a Cloaked-like commander effect that introduces some weird interactions. That's where the rules get messy. It works just like the rules say - there are just some unexpected interactions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J E
msg tools
Okay awesome, thanks. What happens if my nearest target has cover and stealth, but then the next nearest is not within my line of sight (behind a pillar for example? Does it keep deferring until there's someone I can make an attack on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters outside line of sight do not count as the nearest enemy, so yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.